5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering a 2021.

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
As I have searched within a 250 mile radius repeatedly & at best found only a 19 of 30 option match, I went today to my closest dealer & got assistance building the Ram Limited I would like. Problem is, #1) I'm trading in a 2018 Ram 2500HD Laramie 4wd Diesel with 35k & the estimated value is projected to the delivery date 8-10 weeks away which amounts potentially to several thousand dollars, & #2) available discounts, rebates, etc are as well to be determined at delivery, so I am asked to put down a non-refundable deposit on a vehicle the cost of which cannot be now be determined. Seems not just right.....

doolin64

Reaction score
We negotiated my trade price and the trucks purchase price (before rebates) when I put down the deposit and placed my order. The only wild card was the rebates. They can't lock them in this early. So it's a roll of the dice there. I don't remember if my deposit was refundable or not. I got my truck in just shy of 8 weeks.

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
We negotiated my trade price and the trucks purchase price (before rebates) when I put down the deposit and placed my order. The only wild card was the rebates. They can't lock them in this early. So it's a roll of the dice there. I don't remember if my deposit was refundable or not. I got my truck in just shy of 8 weeks.

I might be tempted to go along with that scenario. Biggest problem is my trade is potentially worth $5-6000 more today than the they estimate it could be in 10 weeks....

NCShooter

Reaction score
Very little chance the value will change that much. The deals I have made we looked at NADA book when I ordered and then compared when it arrived. Don’t ever remember having a unexpected adjustment. The last couple there was no adjustment at all.
This is my seventh special order vehicle from several different manufacturers.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Hell the new truck will barely lose $6k in value in the first 2 months let alone a used one. Unless they are figuring on you wrecking it, I'd just say I'm going to another dealer.

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
Very little chance the value will change that much. The deals I have made we looked at NADA book when I ordered and then compared when it arrived. Don’t ever remember having a unexpected adjustment. The last couple there was no adjustment at all.
This is my seventh special order vehicle from several different manufacturers.
Dealer said mine NADA currently books for $50500-$55300 with average of $52932 but estimated $48000 at10 week delivery.
Deposit should be refundable
Unfortunately salesman said once order placed you cannot back out without loosing deposit. Maybe that's just this dealer?

doolin64

Reaction score
I'd try another dealer if that's an option. Your truck, being a diesel, low mileage, Laramie, shouldn't lose much if any value IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread