5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering 2023 1500 Limited

Morriss

Reaction score
I am looking to order my first Ram truck before the end of the year and was looking for some thoughts on pricing. I went to two dealerships in NY (30 miles apart) and was quoted around the same approx. $78K to order the build I want. I haven't done any negotiating yet, I just wanted to get a ballpark of what the cost of the vehicle would be.

I hate the whole car buying experience and went with a car broker on my last purchase because of it but I think I'm going to give it a shot. Would looking to get the truck around $72K be farfetched?

Lastcall8

Reaction score
Go to mark dodge in Louisiana. Will get it alot cheaper even when ordering it. Im trying to decide whether or not to order a 2023 or wait for the 2024 refresh. I have a quote from them and its about 10k lower than msrp.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Not sure where you're at in NY.....but, I drove over 4 hours from NJ to go to Binghamton Ram in NY to get mine. Definitely one of the better dealers I've dealt with.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
There are nearly $15,000 of options on a Limited. Not sure if you're getting a good deal or not.

As said earlier, call Mark Dodge and Laura CDJR and see what they will order one for. Most of the previous purchases have been 4%-5% below invoice, so $10K-$15K below MSRP. I got a $78K 22 Limited 5 months ago for $68K, but I am not sure where pricing currently is. You can have a truck delivered to your door from a dealer for less than $1000. I bought mine from Laura and had it delivered to Knoxville for $600.

If you are paying anywhere near MSRP for a truck you're willing to order, then you are missing out some significant savings.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Mark Dodge gave me a great price on a loaded limited. Then I realized I could get ep pricing. He was very close to that just with his discounts. Worth it to have them quote you.

spithead051

Reaction score
Another closer dealer is Koons CDJR in Vienna, VA. They came within 1k of Mark Dodge on my Rebel and being they are 15 minutes down the road from me, I happily paid that little extra.

Morriss

Reaction score
Not sure where you're at in NY.....but, I drove over 4 hours from NJ to go to Binghamton Ram in NY to get mine. Definitely one of the better dealers I've dealt with.
I just googled Binghamton, it’s about 2h30min from me. I would definitely take that drive if it’s worth it.

Morriss

Reaction score
There are nearly $15,000 of options on a Limited. Not sure if you're getting a good deal or not.

As said earlier, call Mark Dodge and Laura CDJR and see what they will order one for. Most of the previous purchases have been 4%-5% below invoice, so $10K-$15K below MSRP. I got a $78K 22 Limited 5 months ago for $68K, but I am not sure where pricing currently is. You can have a truck delivered to your door from a dealer for less than $1000. I bought mine from Laura and had it delivered to Knoxville for $600.

If you are paying anywhere near MSRP for a truck you're willing to order, then you are missing out some significant savings.
This is great info. Where is this Mark Dodge located?

Morriss

Reaction score
Go to mark dodge in Louisiana. Will get it alot cheaper even when ordering it. Im trying to decide whether or not to order a 2023 or wait for the 2024 refresh. I have a quote from them and its about 10k lower than msrp.
Thank you. I’m definitely going to reach out to Mark Dodge. I would love to wait too but I’ve waited for a year and a half now for my current lease to end. I think it’s time for me to just pull the trigger.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
You're build is almost identical to mine. I definitely recommend the larger fuel tank and basic towing package (brake controller). I wanted the 3.21, but the 3.92 was what I ended up with.

Again, if you order from Laura (St Louis) or Mark Dodge (Louisiana), you can have it transported to you for $1000.

I would definitely shop around, you shouldn't be paying more than $70K for that truck.

Users who are viewing this thread