5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered new Ram Limited

detchargerfan

Reaction score
I just joined this forum. It seems to be much more active then some of the other ones. I just put in an order for a Limited, which will replace my current 2017 Charger R/T. What a process that was. I wanted to get patriot blue and was told it was not available. Bummer. I was going to go with the red however the dealer showed me the max steel and I went with that color. Then I had also requested the etorque version, only to be told orders with that are closed. Dealer and Ram customer service had no idea why or for how long. Some digging on some forums brought me to the conclusion orders may open back up in November but production wont start until January, which is a no-go for me, so regular hemi it is. Bummer again.

This will be my first truck and am very much looking forward to it, as I do like luxury cars. What I dont understand is why Ram continues to show these options as being available on their web site then when you get the config you want you go order it only to be told no. What is even worse is the fact that Ram/FCA are not passing along the info to the dealers and keeping their customers in the dark so they have to make a very expensive decision based on little to no information. That is so frustrating.

Anyway I can't wait to get the new truck. I ordered the Limited with the hemi in max steel with the indigo / frost interior. Also getting the panoramic sunroof, Anti-Spin Diff, 3.92 rear axle ratio, 33Gal tank, level 1 equip, bed utility, Rambox, and the tonneau cover. I almost wish I could just drive up to the Sterling Heights plant and pick it up as it rolls off the line. Im only live 20min away.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
[U]detchargerfan[/U] welcome to the forum. So just for your overall idea of a time. I ordered my truck on 9/17, had a VIN 4 days later, sat in D1 status for about 3.5 weeks. Was built and put in KZ status on 10/11. Then being told will be about 2 weeks to get it to VA. So the production has sped up a little, especially with the RamBoxes. Welcome and try not to get discourage via the initial build issues. It seems like they are addressing most of the issues and that the recent trucks seem to have less issues.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
But still it can also take easy 5 months + And fca has sneaky tactics to lie, delay and not communicate... don’t count on your truck until you actually have it in your driveway...

detchargerfan

Reaction score
Thanks all and thank you Mr. Chow for the info. Chrisfuss I really hope it don't take that long and that those wait times are mostly over with and were limited to the 1st runs.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Ordered 9/13, built 10/08, delivered 10/12.
Limited, Crew Cab, Ramboxes

U-235

Reaction score
I ordered a loaded Limited as well, but no Ramboxes. Ordered 9/18, built 10/8. Currently in a rail car in Wentzville, MO, waiting to be unloaded and trucked to my dealer in Central IL.
I have no idea how cmollica got his so fast, but I am growing impatient!

Dontra

Reaction score
When i ordered my 16 Tundra it took 8 days from order to delivery. It doesn't take long to build just the inspection and shipping takes the longest time

RamMeToo

Reaction score
Great build specs. If you didn't have the Ram boxes I'm pretty sure you could have found that vehicle with eTorque on a lot somewhere. Seems there isn't a single Ram box for sale on a dealer lot as I've been told they have have only produced them for customer orders.

Users who are viewing this thread