5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered front Fox 2.0

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on Fox 2.0 for the front of the new ride. Currently running the 2” motofab leveling kit. I don’t mind it highway driving but I live on dirt roads and this winter has not been kind to them. The motofab stiffened up the ride more than I liked. If I didn’t live on dirt I would have left it. Review will follow soon. Also have to ORP upper control arms to go on with it.

Last edited:

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Is your truck the new body style 5th gen?
What is the price? Are they height adjustable? Where did you order from?

Thanks,
Steve

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Is your truck the new body style 5th gen?
What is the price? Are they height adjustable? Where did you order from?

Thanks,
Steve
I originally found them on suspension connection. They list the shock as 09-20. Also looking at icons website they show the 4th gen fronts fit the 5th as well. I ordered from shock surplus(cheapest place I found) and they were just under $800. They are adjustable and supposed to come set at 2” lift for the front. I would assume there is more pre load adjustment to get more out of it but will post more when I get them. Supposed to be here Tuesday.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Are these the same shocks that come with the Mopar 2” lift kit?

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Are these the same shocks that come with the Mopar 2” lift kit?
No. They are an adjustable setup. The mopar kit is just a strut that you re-use your factory coil and top hat. These are a complete assembly with threaded adjustment for more or less lift(pre load) and eibach coils. Internally the valving might me the same but I would doubt it. I would assume they are valved to handle the spring that’s on them as well as the terrain.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
No. They are an adjustable setup. The mopar kit is just a strut that you re-use your factory coil and top hat. These are a complete assembly with threaded adjustment for more or less lift(pre load) and eibach coils. Internally the valving might me the same but I would doubt it. I would assume they are valved to handle the spring that’s on them as well as the terrain.
Thanks for the information. This sounds like something I may be interested in. Are there corresponding rear shocks available? Are you getting those too?

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. This sounds like something I may be interested in. Are there corresponding rear shocks available? Are you getting those too?
They do have rears available also. I didn’t order them yet. Saving up for tires first. Then rear shocks and maybe a little spacer in the rear

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
They do have rears available also. I didn’t order them yet. Saving up for tires first. Then rear shocks and maybe a little spacer in the rear

Update with pics when you can. Looking to change front's too at some point.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone reading this thread please do your own homework. Almost all information here is completely inaccurate.

R

Rob5589

Suspension Connection lists the Fox as fitting 2009-2020, meaning the 4th gen/Classic. Pretty sure someone else here attempted to order the same only to find they were not for the 5th gen.

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Suspension Connection lists the Fox as fitting 2009-2020, meaning the 4th gen/Classic. Pretty sure someone else here attempted to order the same only to find they were not for the 5th gen.
I’m good at finding out things the hard way.

Maxram

Reaction score
They're still making the classic for 2020? I thought those were done as of 2019?

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Everyone reading this thread please do your own homework. Almost all information here is completely inaccurate.
This is what I found on icons website. It lists it as a 19-up kit. And when you scroll to the bottom it breaks down the parts in their kit. Shows 09-Up. But fox website does not list one for the 5th gen. If the fox doesn’t work out I’ll be going the icon route but the fox being the 2.0 smaller body should be easy to fit.

Attachments

• FFACC5AF-3A5C-405D-BE21-4C191706E615.png
    FFACC5AF-3A5C-405D-BE21-4C191706E615.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 795F5A52-713F-4877-B85B-CC0DE71D5397.png
    795F5A52-713F-4877-B85B-CC0DE71D5397.png
    295.9 KB · Views: 91

Hallbag

Reaction score
This is what I found on icons website. It lists it as a 19-up kit. And when you scroll to the bottom it breaks down the parts in their kit. Shows 09-Up. But fox website does not list one for the 5th gen. If the fox doesn’t work out I’ll be going the icon route but the fox being the 2.0 smaller body should be easy to fit.
Icon has 100% started making a 5th gen kit, so that info is correct. You can find the stage 1 kit for ~$1500 on a couple sites. I do not believe that fox has released a kit yet for the DTs. Saw a preview for a 2.5” fox at SEMA somewhere but it’s not out yet if I am correct?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
This is interesting. They are both considerably more expensive than the Bilstein struts but with the Bilstein you have to reuse your front coil springs. I wonder how much difference there is in ride and handling between stock, Bilstein, Fox, Mopar Fox kit and Icon. Both on and off the road. I am not adverse to spending another $2,000 on my truck but I want to notice an improvement

EGJ16

Reaction score
Carli should be coming out with their kit within the next week or 2, at least according to their instagram posts. If the kits are priced similarly to the 09-18 kits, it will be $1,937 for fox 2.0s front and rear, rear track bar drop bracket, rear coils, rear sway bar end links. They will also have the king 2.5” kit. They should be coming out with factual info pretty soon about what all exactly is in the kit and what it does.

I was going to go with the mopar 2” kit but I have previous experience with Carli so its a no brainer for me. I would rather spend a couple hundred more on something I know will definitely make a difference in ride quality. The way their kits make the HD’s ride, I can only imagine how plush their 1500 kits will be.

Needmopowa

Reaction score
Carli should be coming out with their kit within the next week or 2, at least according to their instagram posts. If the kits are priced similarly to the 09-18 kits, it will be $1,937 for fox 2.0s front and rear, rear track bar drop bracket, rear coils, rear sway bar end links. They will also have the king 2.5” kit. They should be coming out with factual info pretty soon about what all exactly is in the kit and what it does.

I was going to go with the mopar 2” kit but I have previous experience with Carli so its a no brainer for me. I would rather spend a couple hundred more on something I know will definitely make a difference in ride quality. The way their kits make the HD’s ride, I can only imagine how plush their 1500 kits will be.
I was checking them out also. They say that they tune the shocks for the kit. Kinda curious on how they tune them, terrain they test on, and what they run for nitrogen pressure. Guess a phone call would give a decent idea. And rear coil spring rates, and height that it will set at. Current garage isn’t big enough to raise the rear of my truck. Bigger tires will put me close enough. “Maximum factoryish”

EGJ16

Reaction score
The 09-18 kits are 2” front and 3/4” rear. If the 2019+ kits are also 2”, I’m going to put a .5” spacer up front and maybe a 1” in the rear.

They test them in a bit of everything to have an overall improvement over stock. The fox 2.0s will be tuned for the street while still offering more than stock for offroad. The king 2.5s are tuned to maximize performance offroad while still being very good on the street. They have videos on their YouTube channel that shows how they tune their HD lineups. Im pretty sure they test out the 1500 platform the same as well. I know on their facebook page they have a 1500 off-roading with the king 2.5s. YT is carli suspension.

I was going to do the fox 2.0 kit for now just until I decide to do more offroad activities to justify in spending money on the 2.5s.

Another company is Thuren Fabrication. But they only have king 2.5s for the 1500s. You can choose different stages of valving for your individual needs. I know they have videos on youtube and facebook of a gm 2500 with just his shocks, nothing else. And also a gm 1500 with the king 2.5s. Yt is dthuren I believe.

Between those 2 companies I was going back and forth on what I was going to get for my 2012 2500. I just wish their 1500 lineups were as broad as their HD offerings. Both have top notch customer service who will answer any questions you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/