5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Question - Level 1 equip. Group

mm-etech

Reaction score
I am about to order / buy a limited and I have seen lot of different pricing for Level 1 equipment group (Limited 4X4) on window sticker:
Pricing: $2695, $2500, $2495, $2300. I know some does not include 360 Camera with Tow Mirror. But there are trucks without tow mirror and no 360 camera on limited. Can someone explain this to me????

Also body color bumper cost money now ($195) ??? The website build does not charge for it.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
I am about to order / buy a limited and I have seen lot of different pricing for Level 1 equipment group (Limited 4X4) on window sticker:
Pricing: $2695, $2500, $2495, $2300. I know some does not include 360 Camera with Tow Mirror. But there are trucks without tow mirror and no 360 camera on limited. Can someone explain this to me????

Also body color bumper cost money now ($195) ??? The website build does not charge for it.
the price now for the limited level 1 has been increased to $2695 from $2500 when i ordered my limited 4x4 back on 4-11. just got a new poc from my dealer yesterday with the price changes .the price on my order has increased by $370. of course you are locked in with the price when you ordered it. also the 360 camera comes with the level 1 equipment group UNLESS you order the trailer tow group package if you do then you lose the 360 camera.

mm-etech

Reaction score
Agree. But can you explain this truck, it has no Trailer tow or trailer mirror, but no 360 Camera!

1530127858484.png

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That has the 360 camera. A Limited with the Level 1 package and without the tow package has 360. They just didn't list it on the sticker (along with many other features).

ryelinek

Reaction score
Agree. But can you explain this truck, it has no Trailer tow or trailer mirror, but no 360 Camera!

View attachment 1039

Yea that is strange but it has the 360 camera. As long as you don’t have the tow mirrors you get the camera. That’s a window sticker from early on in the build if you look at the lower VIN # and date it was built. I will say that the orginal window stickers from early builds were off and not accurate until the caught onto the camera mess. I’ve actually seen that FCA sent rebate checks of 395 out to those that got the Trailer Tow Package but no surround view mirrors. Granted the retuned the cost of that option but it doesn’t make up for not having that feature. To me my cameras on this truck are a MUST HAVE. Love them.

Here is my more recent window sticker and the prices like mentioned before did go up. Mine went from 65,380 to 66,150 upon build and arrival but the dealer didn’t mention it even once when my truck arrived. We already had our price set from the orginal order.

23678E84-438F-46B8-96D9-50ABDEE788F2.png

mm-etech

Reaction score
Dealer Checked, Did not have the camera! An off-topic question, Should I get anti-spin differential? I don't plant to tow anything heavy....

ryelinek

Reaction score
Dealer Checked, Did not have the camera! An off-topic question, Should I get anti-spin differential? I don't plant to tow anything heavy....

So it had the normal non trailer tow mirrors yet no 360 camera? That’s pretty strange for a Limited. Don’t quite get that honestly.

The 3.92 Axle is more of a tow feature as opposed to the anti-spin differential. Something you can’t change down the line though and it should help in slick weather conditions so I got it with mine.

mm-etech

Reaction score
I was told 3.93 Axle will help acceleration and towing, not good for highway driving, Is that no true?

ryelinek

Reaction score
I was told 3.93 Axle will help acceleration and towing, not good for highway driving, Is that no true?

If by not good for highway driving they meant a little worse MPG compared to a 3.21 Axle then sure I guess. For a 100 dollar option the 3.92 to me is a no brainer and I would just get it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With an 8-speed transmission, the highway losses are far less than in the past. My current truck was humming at 3,000 RPM for 3 straight hours on a drive from Fort Worth to Austin just now (6.0L, 4.10 gears, 4-speed trans, unloaded). Having a few extra gears would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread