5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Options that do not show on the sticker

keanezheng

Reaction score
Hi folks,

This is my first post here as I purchased a used 2019 Laramie in Idaho last weekend. I live in Seattle. I got a pretty good deal as far as I am concerned. $46.7K OTD for a truck with $62K+ sticker price. It had barely 6800 miles before I drove 12 hours back.

When I saw the actual truck, I realized that the wheels are factory 22'' with Goodyear tires (which should cost extra $1295 on sticker) and a bed liner (looks like a bit different from a factory one, but still says RAM at the end of the bed towards the cabin). Neither of these options shows on the sticker. And it has an aftermarket soft tonneau cover, too.
Even the manager did not notice it got 22'' and told me it's 20 lol. I didn't say anything but in my mind, I was like, jackpot? I noticed the driver side sticker says 275/55/R20 regarding tire pressure.

Does this mean the 22'' wheels and a slightly different looking bed liner are actually dealer installed options when the first owner bought it?

Attachments

• IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3757.JPG
    IMG_3757.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

79 300

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my last truck was a 2500 with factory 17" wheels. I bought a nice set of used factory 18" wheels when it needed tires, and switched it over to the 18". I also added the roof clearance lights. The window sticker and door jamb sticker still said 17" wheels of course, and no mention of clearance lights. Maybe your truck had a similar experience. Bedliners and tonneau covers are added all the time , along with side steps and other upgrades.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as the bed liner goes, since it says "Ram" on the end, it sounds like the Mopar accessory drop in liner. I believe liners from the factory assembly line are all sprayed in liners. Since the tire pressure sticker says 20" tires, it certainly sounds like the 22" rims were added later.

daze513

Reaction score
Sometimes packages dont expressly state what they bring as part of them. Example: I was looking for a truck with an Anti-Slip rear diff. None of the ones with it on the dealer lot I liked. Came across the Night Edition, and although it doesn't say it on the website, or the windows sticker, the Night Edition comes with an LSD. Saw it on the build sheet, and later RAM updated the website to make you choose an LSD when choosing the Night Edition.

Jonnybow

Reaction score
Like the others said, look at the build sheet and see if the bedliner was on it, doesn't really matter though does it?
I'm on the right coast so I'm certainly not up on prices from the left coast but I just bought a brand new Laramie sport and paid considerably less than you did for a used truck. The prices out there are crazy! earthquakes, wild fires, liberals and expensive trucks.......I'll stay here :ROFLMAO:

RJS

Reaction score
Hard to tell sometimes as my 19 Laramie had the Ram issue bedliner that it picked up some where as it was part of two dealer trades. It came free (to me) with the truck but I did lift it to see the bed before I bought the new truck and see if they were covering damage of some kind. Nope! no damage so I considered it a plus. It was not listed on the build sheet but everything else was so I know it got added after the factory. My suspicion about my truck is that someone bought/ordered it from a dealer and had the liner added as part of the deal, then crapped out as it has an unusual combination of high end options that you normally don't see in combo on a dealer stock Laramie but was just what I wanted.
This is the OEM Ram Liner supplied by Mopar and one thick/tough piece of plastic.
IMG_20191002_162611.jpg

Last edited:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like the others said, look at the build sheet and see if the bedliner was on it, doesn't really matter though does it?
I'm on the right coast so I'm certainly not up on prices from the left coast but I just bought a brand new Laramie sport and paid considerably less than you did for a used truck. The prices out there are crazy! earthquakes, wild fires, liberals and expensive trucks.......I'll stay here :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I live in Florida and bough a brand new 2019 Laramie Sport last March (Sticker was $57,000 on the nose) and I was at $43,219 out the door (tax, tag, reg included) and still got a 3.49% rate.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hi folks,

This is my first post here as I purchased a used 2019 Laramie in Idaho last weekend. I live in Seattle. I got a pretty good deal as far as I am concerned. $46.7K OTD for a truck with $62K+ sticker price. It had barely 6800 miles before I drove 12 hours back.

When I saw the actual truck, I realized that the wheels are factory 22'' with Goodyear tires (which should cost extra $1295 on sticker) and a bed liner (looks like a bit different from a factory one, but still says RAM at the end of the bed towards the cabin). Neither of these options shows on the sticker. And it has an aftermarket soft tonneau cover, too.
Even the manager did not notice it got 22'' and told me it's 20 lol. I didn't say anything but in my mind, I was like, jackpot? I noticed the driver side sticker says 275/55/R20 regarding tire pressure.

Does this mean the 22'' wheels and a slightly different looking bed liner are actually dealer installed options when the first owner bought it?
Welcome to the forum keanezheng!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a chance. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I live in Florida and bough a brand new 2019 Laramie Sport last March (Sticker was $57,000 on the nose) and I was at $43,219 out the door (tax, tag, reg included) and still got a 3.49% rate.
Wow, I need to go to your dealer for my next truck. It would be worth the drive.

keanezheng

Reaction score
As far as the bed liner goes, since it says "Ram" on the end, it sounds like the Mopar accessory drop in liner. I believe liners from the factory assembly line are all sprayed in liners. Since the tire pressure sticker says 20" tires, it certainly sounds like the 22" rims were added later.
You’re absolutely right sir, I found the same model of that Mopar drop in liner with MSRP $350 and a common retail price of $280. Anything particularly bad with a drop in like this? Should I upgrade to a spray in? I won’t be hauling anything crazy, mostly bicycles, skis and IKEA stuff every once a while!

keanezheng

Reaction score
That’s crazy man. I had to go to Idaho to find a good deal. Most of the good deals I see on CarGurus are in the middle of the nation or Southeastern coast...not to mention we have 10.3% sales tax. But I think just for the truck I paid 41K for a 62K sticker. It’s only 4 months old...Also I didn’t have to finance thru the dealer (some insists or they will bump the price) as I got the current floor rate with Bank of America. I think that’s not bad?

keanezheng

Reaction score
Yea most good deals I can find are from FL! I thought you guys have no sales tax? Here you’re likely to get a new one with sticker of 57 for 43 just the truck without including any tax or fees and that’s a good deal! Idk maybe it’s also because I can’t negotiate right.

keanezheng

Reaction score
Hard to tell sometimes as my 19 Laramie had the Ram issue bedliner that it picked up some where as it was part of two dealer trades. It came free (to me) with the truck but I did lift it to see the bed before I bought the new truck and see if they were covering damage of some kind. Nope! no damage so I considered it a plus. It was not listed on the build sheet but everything else was so I know it got added after the factory. My suspicion about my truck is that someone bought/ordered it from a dealer and had the liner added as part of the deal, then crapped out as it has an unusual combination of high end options that you normally don't see in combo on a dealer stock Laramie but was just what I wanted.
This is the OEM Ram Liner supplied by Mopar and one thick/tough piece of plastic.
View attachment 45339
That’s what I have! Do you like it?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right sir, I found the same model of that Mopar drop in liner with MSRP $350 and a common retail price of $280. Anything particularly bad with a drop in like this? Should I upgrade to a spray in? I won’t be hauling anything crazy, mostly bicycles, skis and IKEA stuff every once a while!

In my opinion, no problem with a drop-in. My son has one in his 4th gen Ram and it has been fine for him. Some people might argue that the truck bed could rust underneath the liner. I feel it's personal preference.

RJS

Reaction score
That’s what I have! Do you like it?
I like it a lot, tough as nails. I decided to add some strips of 3M protective tape to the top of the high parts of the bed floor. Bought it in roll from Amazon and cut it into 1 1/2" wide strips. As I suspect you now know, it's rough on the knees so a carpet helps. I just cut down the Access bedmat from my old 14 Sport 6'4" bed to fit the new 5'7" in my Laramie.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea most good deals I can find are from FL! I thought you guys have no sales tax? Here you’re likely to get a new one with sticker of 57 for 43 just the truck without including any tax or fees and that’s a good deal! Idk maybe it’s also because I can’t negotiate right.
We have no state Income tax here, that's our big thing. We do have sales tax. State is 6%, local where I live adds 1% so mine is 7%. The only withholding on our paychecks is Federal Income Tax, Social Security, and Medicare.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only you can decide if it is worth the money. I can tell you my first 3 trucks I've owned (2002 Ford Ranger, 2008 Ford F-150, and 2016 Ford F-150) all had plastic drop in liners and I had no issues with them. Never pulled them up to look under or anything but they performed great with whatever I hauled. The only negative I had with them is that they would sometimes rattle over bumps or with heavy wind. My Ram came with the factory spray in liner and I can tell you I like it better. It just seems more solid. Only negative is that things don't slide in and out as easily and if you slide objects on it the object will get scuffed or scratched. I ended up adding a Bedrug XL to mine and it is my far the best thing I've ever done. I have a 1-year old and his stroller slides in and out with ease and not getting ruined, plus the soft tailgate is a great place to change his diaper.

Users who are viewing this thread