5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optimal Tire pressure for 35s

LukeD

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 yesterday.
It has a 6" lift and 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires on it.
What would you all suggest optimal tire pressure be? Right now they are at 50psi

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's where I run mine on the road and at a year and a half they don't show any signs of wear.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the tire and vehicle. I run my Radar Renegade AT-Pro at 30psi rear and 35 front

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta go off the tire inflation tables. Find the similar weight carrying spec for your OEM size, and then find that same weight carrying capacity for your new tire SIZE and LOAD RANGE.

That's the theory anyway.

Then, I usually go down a bit because the OEM PSI is meant for at capacity hauling, and I also ensure my rear PSI is 10% or so less than front when the bed is empty.

That's what I've done for about a decade now, because these E range tires on a half ton are so dang stiff that the chalk test for me has proven useless. I get the same results between 25-50 PSI.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i go 40psi on my 12-ply WIldpeak AT3. I'm supposed to do chalk test on it to find the optimal pressure but keep forgetting lol
40 is what we usually run in our group. some of our guys run 35 psi on lighter vehicles but that's just derived conclusion from our experiences. Nothing scientific about it.

OP do chalk test. start at 40 and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread