5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPT7 Sidekick Running Board Lights

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
I'm looking to add lights to my steps/rails, and thinking about getting the OPT7 Sidekick Running Board Lights. Has anyone installed these on a 5th Gen? If so, where did you connect to the various wires?

The instructions are looking to tap off these points -

1. Red to 12v Parking Lights
2. Black to Ground Wire - Assume I can just connect to frame for ground.
3. Yellow - 12v Turn Signal
4. White - 12v Door Assist - When door is open, it turns on white lights to see puddles, etc..

Does anyone know where I can get access to these? I guess I could go to the tail lights for parking and turn signals.

I checked the Upfitter doc - https://www.fcausfleet.com/content/...022/2019-2022 RAM 1500 SSV Upfitter Guide.pdf But I didn't see where I could get Open Door, so not sure if it's worth pursuing. Anyone know of a wiring diagram that is free/ easy to read?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have them and have them connected to the interior light under the das. I ran the passenger wire through the cross member, then ran one wire up through the grommet in the firewall. I didn't bother with the red or yellow wire. I just wanted the lights for when I unlocked/opened the door.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting these also. I assume that the tail lights have wiring running in a harness along the frame, so that would seem to be a great place to make all these connections. However, I haven't actually looked at it yet.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting these also. I assume that the tail lights have wiring running in a harness along the frame, so that would seem to be a great place to make all these connections. However, I haven't actually looked at it yet.
I do not have this set, but you may want to Consider tying it into your interior under dash lighting. It will go on and off with your door status. Is where I have my running board LED lights tied in and it works flawlessly. Good luck👍

Users who are viewing this thread