5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opt7 Redline Triple or Putco Blade Tailgate Light Bar? Reliability?

jgc650i

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Opt7 and Putco 60" tailgate light bars. Curious to hear from those who have had them if they have thoughts on one over the other. For those that have had the Opt7 and live in areas with harsh winters, have you had any reliability problems? I've read a couple reviews with people talking about extremely cold weather causing damage to the Opt7. I like the sequential turn signal on the Opt7, but thinking the Putco may be a better choice for quality. Also, anyone experience any issue with either with the MFT? Thanks for the feedback!

downsc123

Reaction score
Putco bar installed for a year now in Upstate (snow, salt and cold) with no issues. Quality is why I picked it over the others

mhendo

Reaction score
Had the Putco on my previous truck for 5 years without issue. I'm in CT and no issues with winter either. I just put another Putco on the new one with MFT. You'll want spacers so it sits off the panel that the wires come through.

Attachments

• Image from iOS (1).jpg
    Image from iOS (1).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 44
  • Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 44

jgc650i

Reaction score
Had the Putco on my previous truck for 5 years without issue. I'm in CT and no issues with winter either. I just put another Putco on the new one with MFT. You'll want spacers so it sits off the panel that the wires come through.

That's really helpful, thank you for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread