5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opportunity Came My Way.... Borla Exhaust.... Questions... B2 Fab

Reaction score
I ordered the ATAK. Go big or go home. Its not as loud on the trucks as it is on something like a Mustang plus like you said you are getting the resonator so if it ends up being too loud you can tone it down.

That is what I am thinking go big or go home and the ATAK on the truck I heard yesterday sounded nice, I just know the cold start is loud as I did hear my friends dad's truck last year. The resonator will tone it down hopefully. I don't know why I am so worried about this being loud as I've never worried before with anything I have owned. I guess it's with all the talk on here about how loud it is. My question is, would the cold start me louder then a diesel truck? I had my 2007 Ram Cummins that was obviously diesel. It was loud before I even put the stacks in the bed, as it was straight piped right from the turbo with a 5" exhaust. Not to mention I have had several other vehicles with mufflers, including several sports bikes (GSXR 1000,750 and 600, Ninja 636) which all had aftermarket mufflers.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I've had my fair share already of loud vehicles!!!

Just waiting for the insurance adjuster to call me so that I can place my order at the shop...
Hopefully whatever shop you get it from has it in stock. I ordered mine last Tuesday and I just got word that Borla won't be shipping it until the 30th. This is for the black tips so not sure if the polished tips are the same.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Usually Borla has the polished tips ones in stock, it’s the black ones that always seem delayed.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure buying the polished saves you $50.00, but not sure if you’re trying to go through all of that.

Reaction score
Hopefully whatever shop you get it from has it in stock. I ordered mine last Tuesday and I just got word that Borla won't be shipping it until the 30th. This is for the black tips so not sure if the polished tips are the same.

I guess it depends on where you order from, did you order right from Borla? or did you order from a shop?

When I was in the shop the other day talking to the guy who I want to do the install called his supplier and said he could get it. Then again, that is when I was going with the S-Type. If they deal with certain suppliers they may have it in stock or are able to get it. If I ask for the ATAK and it ends up that I have to wait until the 30th I may just go back to my original decision and get the S-Type. Or I'll wait I'm not in a huge rush, I already have the B2 Magnaflow on my truck. Thank you for the heads up though.

I am also ordering the black tips, I don't want the polished tips as nothing on my truck is "shiny" except my rims which will be getting powder coated satin black (or black chrome if they are able to) in the next month or so when they have time to do it. I don't have spare rims, so they are willing to store my truck on the hoist while it's being done. But they are busy right now so we need to collaborate a time when he can do it and I can bring it.

Also, powder coating is an option for you. But you are probably going to be spending between $50-$100 to have them coated. I also think the black chrome (like factory tips) isn't a powder coat. As at least I don't think it is.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess it depends on where you order from, did you order right from Borla? or did you order from a shop?

When I was in the shop the other day talking to the guy who I want to do the install called his supplier and said he could get it. Then again, that is when I was going with the S-Type. If they deal with certain suppliers they may have it in stock or are able to get it. If I ask for the ATAK and it ends up that I have to wait until the 30th I may just go back to my original decision and get the S-Type. Or I'll wait I'm not in a huge rush, I already have the B2 Magnaflow on my truck. Thank you for the heads up though.

I am also ordering the black tips, I don't want the polished tips as nothing on my truck is "shiny" except my rims which will be getting powder coated satin black (or black chrome if they are able to) in the next month or so when they have time to do it. I don't have spare rims, so they are willing to store my truck on the hoist while it's being done. But they are busy right now so we need to collaborate a time when he can do it and I can bring it.

Also, powder coating is an option for you. But you are probably going to be spending between $50-$100 to have them coated. I also think the black chrome (like factory tips) isn't a powder coat. As at least I don't think it is.
Ordered from a friend's shop, he gets them direct from Borla. I'm just going to wait its not a huge deal and I don't feel like bothering them to try and change the order/refund differences.

Venom

Reaction score
Ordered from a friend's shop, he gets them direct from Borla. I'm just going to wait its not a huge deal and I don't feel like bothering them to try and change the order/refund differences.
With ordering the borla atak what was the best price so far all I’m seeing is $944... looking at my options

Users who are viewing this thread