5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions wanted on possible upgrade of my Big Horn to Laramie

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I always leave my foot on the brake if I get stopped in heavy traffic and there is a clearing behind me before there will be another vehicle behind me--I actually make the brake light flash to let them know I am stopped. Not everybody does that. ....

i ALWAYS do that too.!! People are in La La Land most of the time, so i always "pump the breaks 3 quick times" to hopefully grab there attn if i see something up ahead that might require stopping, just braking is no where near as sufficient!

And yes, you will recieve all sorts of numbers from crazy ones that you're like, "no freakin' way" to some you will say, "hmmmm, this is a good jumping off point, we might have something here : )"...

I constantly get out of vehicles "wayyyy too soon", and i can tell you the deals i finally take are AT LEAST $5,000 -7,000 dollars less than what they first hit me at. But i am RELENTLESS, i go in there with a pencil and say, "how are you getting that number? Break it down line by line for me... You need to take an additional 2,000 off asking price, put 2,000 more in my trade, i in turn will put 2,000 more down" and before ya know it, we make a deal i can live with : )

The most important thing i think is to let them know upfront this isn't going to be a "deal with huge profit", and sometimes a dealer will be willing to break even just to "move another unit for FCA", and often times i'll tell them to consider my offer if at end of month you're needing my deal - i think we are at an advantage and they know it, because we ALREADY have a brand new 2019 we love, so we don't HAVE to take theirs if they won't "move mountains" for us : )

Right now i am considering one i saw becuz it has the Nav, Blind Spot, & LED's that my beautiful Black Beauty Big Horn didn't have when i purchased end of year, and i don't expect to be taking a hit of more than $5,000 from all the feeback i am getting at the dealers i'm considering...(But this is a heck of a time to buy, with my previous 15 (YES 15!) Rams, they were neverrrrrrr discounting them THIS MUCH!)

Also, one last thing to think about when you think you might be trading out, don't make the one mistake ppl make when they say, "i'll trade out in 6 months when i'm not so upside down"... The truth is, if u multiply the avg truck note lets say 650 (at least) by 6 more months of paying on it, that almost 4 thousand dollars RIGHT THERE you could be paying towards the new one you're going to keep : ) And also in 6 months, you're trade will probably fetch at least a thousand LESS....

This logic might be faulty to some, but it sure helps ME sleep at night, all the trading out i've done : ) : ) : )

Last edited:

abody711

Reaction score
I took my Big Horn back after three days. Upgraded to a Laramie that was $1,600 less and have twice the truck now. I just assumed Laramie was to much and I almost make a big mistake. The one I purchased MSRP was $50,095. Mtn View Ram in Ringgold, GA made the swap with no hassle and went to Paris, KY to get the truck I wanted.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I took my Big Horn back after three days. Upgraded to a Laramie that was $1,600 less and have twice the truck now. I just assumed Laramie was to much and I almost make a big mistake. The one I purchased MSRP was $50,095. Mtn View Ram in Ringgold, GA made the swap with no hassle and went to Paris, KY to get the truck I wanted.

Glad you did that! I was also shocked to see some Laramie's MSRP less for some of the way they equip the Big Horns...I am guessing he was able to "unwind your deal" and hadn't titled it yet, that can make all the difference selling your Big Horn still as a new vehicle vs a used one : )

Users who are viewing this thread