5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on XL vs SL? Toyo open country

EJ84

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions, my plan was to buy Toyo open country AT 3’s in stock size 275/55/20 so I didn’t have to mess with recalibrating my speedo. I just realized that tire is an XL in that size. How rough will an XL tire ride compared to SL? Am I better off going to a 275/60/20 which is an SL and recalibrate my speedo.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
How do you use your truck? Mainly stay on pavement or go offroad on occasion? Based on pics I've seen, I think 275/60/20 would look better and fill the wheel Wella better. I don't think the weight of the XLs is more substantial than a "P" rates tired and would weigh less than an LT so my vote is for 275/60.

EJ84

Reaction score
Mainly on road, occasionally some light off roading. Very rarely do I have anything more then a hundred pounds in the bed.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Mainly on road, occasionally some light off roading. Very rarely do I have anything more then a hundred pounds in the bed.
I'm in the same boat. I'm in the mid west and do experience the full gambit of weather and go hunting each year so I'm wanting to level and go with a 285/60/20. Personally, I'd go with an all terrain that has the snowflake symbol, so OC AT3 or falken At3W in 275/60/20. Will fill the wheel wells better and will be better than stock in the rain/snow.

Users who are viewing this thread