5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on the Dueler OEM tire.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I have the 20" rims with the Bridgestone Dueler. I like the ride of the tire and also the look. It finally rained hee last week and I noticed that when I hit puddles with one tire, it really seemed to drag that tire more so than my last two vehicles. Goodyear SRA and Michelin LTX. Anybody notice this or am I just being over sensitive?

djm11778

Reaction score
They work good on my wife's Jeep but they are worthless off road in my opinion. She has never complained about rain and she likes to complain if she doesn't like something.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a street looking tire for sure. They came as OEM on my Big Horn. Super smooth on the highway and actually did decent on the one day it snowed here in N Va last year. Never had a chance to try it off road. I’d still have them but one of them got a nasty puncture and nobody around town had immediate replacements so I switched to Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts.

RJS

Reaction score
I had SRA's on my 14 Sport and replaced them with Michelin LTX's at 24,000 miles while my 19 Laramie sport came with Duelers. I'd say the duelers are closer to the Michelin than the SRA. The first thing I noticed about the Michelin's were better handling and better traction by far over the SRA's. They were also quite good in the Michigan heavy rains and winters.

Having gone through one winter with the Duelers I'm reminded of the Michelins. Not quite as good but they do well. The SRA's were just weak in most areas except ride and feel like a Passenger car not light truck tire.

When the duelers wear out, I'll go back to Michelin's but I'm in no hurry as they are a pretty good all-around tire.

JMHO

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
So far I'm very happy with the set on my Laramie, very quiet and comfortable ride. I bumped the air pressure up to 39 PSI and have driven in heavy rain a few times with no issues. I will never tow anything or do any off roading so I'm hoping they last a while.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 275/65 r18 Duelers were defective, one tire was so bad I could watch it wobble in the side mirror. Aside from that they seem very soft (passenger tire) and will be cooked by 20k

Barqs

Reaction score
Loved the ride quality, but hated the wear. Do yourself a favor and up the air to 42psi-44psi to try and fight off the edge tread wear pattern that many of us have dealt with on the Bridgestones. My truck is an early build with a recommended 36psi on the sticker, which they learned was too low and have since bumped (so I'm told). I was lucky to get 29k on mine before the outer tread was worn to the core with about 6/32" tread remaining in the center.

I just replaced my Bridgestones with Falken Wildpeak AT3W all-terrain tires. Love the look, but I have to admit I miss the ride quality and low noise of the Bridgestones. They're great at far as A/T's go, but they are nowhere near as smooth as the H/T tires out there. I wasn't really comparing apples to apples when I chose mine, so I might have had artificially high standards which these just aren't meeting now. But man do they look better on a 4x4 than the H/T's ever did!

Users who are viewing this thread