5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion on what truck to get

rondog69

Reaction score
We have been looking at the Longhorn and the limited for awhile now and now we have 2 choices. I love the white exterior on the Longhorn, but don't think I could love the interior theme for years to come, but my wife loves the interior. I also love the interior of the Limited but my wife do not like it, I think it looks sophisticated and I can look at for years.

What do you all think if it was your money?
Which shines and stands out more?
Does the Ivory get dirty easy?

No there are no white Limited with Ivory interior on the lot, I think light interior and white exterior together is bland.

Attachments

• limited exterior.jpg
    limited exterior.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 112
  • limited interior 2.jpg
    limited interior 2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 116
  • limited interior.jpg
    limited interior.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 116
  • longhorn exterior.jpg
    longhorn exterior.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 112
  • longhorn interior 2.jpg
    longhorn interior 2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 117
  • longhorn interior.jpg
    longhorn interior.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 114

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not really a fan of the 2 tone brown/tan interior. I do like the look of the ivory/navy interior, but I would be concerned about how well those light colored seats would hold up to daily use. My personal favorite for the Longhorn is the black/saddle interior-
2019-ram-1500-longhorn-interior1.jpg

DSC_9907.jpg

kittyjo

Reaction score
Make sure it has the 33gallon tank... if u like filling up every 380 city 450 hwy. that’s on the 26 gallon tank

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Order the truck you want.
2. I think the Ivory & gray is a more timeless look but the white seats will be dirty and look bad faster.
3. I think the Longhorn is one of those that you either have to love or you will hate. If you don't like it now you aren't going to like it more in the future.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I own a Limited but black interior. There was no way I'd get the white. Plus there have been a few complaints about the way the white is wearing. I have no problem with the Laramie Longhorn interior at all.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Have you ever notice the difference softness of chair on these two modles?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Personally from the pics I like the Longhorn , but if you don’t like it I’m not sure if it’ll grow on you or not .

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not really a fan of the 2 tone brown/tan interior. I do like the look of the ivory/navy interior, but I would be concerned about how well those light colored seats would hold up to daily use. My personal favorite for the Longhorn is the black/saddle interior-

DSC_9907.jpg

That is how mine interior look and i love it, same goes with everybody else look at it.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I will pick the black interior of Limited and the exterior of Longhorn with Ivory white if there is an option for it...

dgreen1069

Reaction score
My dad bought an Ivory Laramie Longhorn with the Mountain Brown interior back in July. Fast forward to February, and he decided the truck was bigger than he was comfortable with. I purchased it with just over 5k miles. While my dad's truck isn't exactly what I would have bought myself new (I'd have preferred the shorter bed), I do like the interior. The Longhorn interior will probably hide dirt better than all the rest in the long run. On top of that, the barn wood pieces look super classy.

I am not a huge fan of white vehicles. I can't tell what color the darker truck you are looking at is. If it is one of the blue's, I'd probably pick that. If it's black, I'd avoid it like the plague. Black paint looks amazing when clean, but is super hard to keep clean. Black interiors are very much the same. Every speck of dust pops against the black backdrop. Looks awesome when clean though.

Last edited:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My advice would be to go with the interior your wife likes. Unless you'd like to hear about how much she doesn't like the interior every time she rides with you. Happy wife happy life. Both models have excellent interiors.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I went Saddle and black Longhorn. I and everyone who sees it thinks it is the best looking truck interior EVER

Calsun

Reaction score
I bought a black coupe and it looked dirty before I got it home from the car wash. Best colors for me are brown or tan of "champagne" even. I like the two tone paint jobs with the black section where most of the dirt will be collected. Running boards and spash guards help a great deal in keeping the sides of a truck clean longer.

If it was me I would want my choice of the exterior color and let my wife chose the interior color. In terms of trim level my choice is the Laramie. The Limited has less than half as many exterior color choices and the interior options are to me, ugly. But it is 100% subjective. If you like white belts and white shoes then a white pickup may complete your ensemble. I associate white trucks with company work trucks and the special white paint jobs are a way to charge an extra $500 for paint - such a deal.

rondog69

Reaction score

DSC_9907.jpg
We just found 3 trucks with that interior, one was pearl white (33 gallon tank) others were red (26 gallon tank) the wife now agrees that the darker brown interior looks best.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We had the same dilemma. At the time I could have gotten either one for just about the same price. I like the browns and she didn't. It was for her so she selected the tri-tone Ivory with the cream interior.
We were warned that bluejeans would shed their dye onto the seats. We don't wear jeans so... no matter.
She loves the colors and wouldn't ever have accepted a black interior, which 90+ % of the Ltd's had, no matter what the exterior color was.

I went with her choice cause' it was for her. What you do has a lot to do with who is driving it and who is it mainly for... :unsure:

rondog69

Reaction score
The hunt has narrowed down to 4 vehicles thanks to all of your help on this site. We really thank you all.... How important is it to have a 26 gallon fuel tank?

1. https://www.hallchryslerdodgejeepra...Ram-1500-ad982c900a0e0ae936b2f95c704ae7b7.htm
2.https://www.hallchryslerdodgejeepramchesapeake.com/new/Ram/2020-Ram-1500-9b5e619b0a0e0ae75f1d9dd0d30bad86.htm
3.https://www.starrmotorschryslerdodgejeep.com/new-Suffolk-2019-RAM-1500-Longhorn-1C6SRFKT1KN886027

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online