5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion on Bed Utility Group with Laramie Longhorn

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I've read up as much as I can find on this thing. I'm about to order my replacement truck and need to know if it's worth getting it just for the divider?

It's going to be a Laramie Longhorn and I understand the BUG offers redundant stuff that the Longhorn will already have....but I kinda want the divider.

Oh..and yes, I am getting the RamBoxes...or at least going to try to. Which should, as I understand it, include the divider...which I want.

Worth it or skip it?

RonH

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a Limited with Rambox and no BUG. I did not receive the divider. I had the dealer check, and they said it isn't included with the Rambox. This is consistent with what others have reported. I think that had I ordered the BUG with the Rambox I would have received the divider as part of the BUG. My truck does have the utility bed rails, which apparently come with the Rambox. There are two bed divider types. The one for trucks with Rambox expands and locks into the grooves on the inside of the bed. Trucks without Rambox don't have these grooves, so the bed divider for those trucks attaches to the inner bed rails and slides in them. For what it's worth, the dealer quoted me $700 for the Rambox bed divider. So if you get it with the BUG for $445, it's a savings.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a Limited with Rambox and no BUG. I did not receive the divider. I had the dealer check, and they said it isn't included with the Rambox. This is consistent with what others have reported. I think that had I ordered the BUG with the Rambox I would have received the divider as part of the BUG. My truck does have the utility bed rails, which apparently come with the Rambox. There are two bed divider types. The one for trucks with Rambox expands and locks into the grooves on the inside of the bed. Trucks without Rambox don't have these grooves, so the bed divider for those trucks attaches to the inner bed rails and slides in them. For what it's worth, the dealer quoted me $700 for the Rambox bed divider. So if you get it with the BUG for $445, it's a savings.

This is what dealer said today as well. I went ahead and ordered it.

Rich

Reaction score

Are your utility rails silver or black?

Johnvan

Reaction score
The BUG includes the LED bed lights. I had the dealership install the factory bed lights and the total price was $265. They are not standard on a Laramie.
I consider them a must have with a tonneau cover. You might want to factor that into your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread