5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open Dif Burnout

stebo

Reaction score
So, I noticed some graffiti in the street in front of our house the other day. Apparently, some kid thought it would be funny to spray paint a phallic symbol on the street in front of our house. What's the best way to get rid of that..................line up my rear right wheel over it and do a quick burnout to cover it up, of course! My truck is a 2019 Big Horn North Edition. So, by default it has an open rear end with e-lock. Mine has a 3:21 gear. I thought I was going to do a one wheel peal, but when I looked at my handy work, I left two patches in the road. I didn't engage my e-lock, so just wondering why this happened. Can someone explain?
g.jpg

derp

Reaction score
I know this does nothing to answer the question, but I can't resist.

"Mona Lisa Vito : It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing."

now in seriousness, did you disable traction control before you did this? I have been told on another thread that traction control will give a pseudo limited slip effect by braking on the free spinning wheel, which in turn sends the power to the other wheel. could be I misread the other thread. either way, sounds fun.

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
I know this does nothing to answer the question, but I can't resist.

"Mona Lisa Vito : It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing."

now in seriousness, did you disable traction control before you did this? I have been told on another thread that traction control will give a pseudo limited slip effect by braking on the free spinning wheel, which in turn sends the power to the other wheel. could be I misread the other thread. either way, sounds fun.

CRZ9jOgUYAAZmuD.jpg

stebo

Reaction score
Gotta admit, that made me laugh and yes, I did disable traction control.

Users who are viewing this thread