5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only In Florida... Man drives Ram truck in Ocean

dajogejr

Reaction score
Testing out the new saltwater elite trim package

Testing out the level 4 surf and go package

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Thats so true. Im in NW Florida so it’s typically not as bad here but a few weeks ago I was down in Orlando and I felt that way. I kept thinking yep these morons are the reason why we get such a bad rep where did you learn to drive lol. Had to keep my head on a swivel anytime I got on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To be fair, 75% of my experience is in the greater Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area which is probably the worst of the worst. I can see what you're saying. It's like the equivalent to driving in north NJ vs. south NJ. When we visit my wife's family down there, I joke how quickly it takes to spot the "Florida Exit" on I-95. The "Florida Exit" is when someone who is usually over the age of 80, goes from the left lane across 5 lanes of traffic to exit, without looking.

Here in NJ, they are just aggressive. And it really just is NJ. NY state drivers have absolutely no clue what they are in for when they cross into NJ. With that being said, neither do NYC drivers. Yeah they are absolute a-holes. They are in for a real surprise when they come to NJ and find they are also a-holes...but at 80-90 mph. Yes, 80-90mph. The average speed on the Garden State Parkway now is 80 mph.

dajogejr

Reaction score
The average speed on the Garden State Parkway now is 80 mph.

Pfft…. Here in MIchigan, we say hold our beer. Average speed is 80MPH in the right lane of 696, 75, 94…or even the lodge (All of which have 70MPH Speed limit except the lodge, which is 55).
We drive this speed while dodging potholes that will swallow a whole truck and crap out a Yugo while sipping on Starbucks, holding the phone up to your face or facetiming and switching lanes…

I Keep saying my days of riding a motorcycle coming to an end are closer and closer….

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Pfft…. Here in MIchigan, we say hold our beer. Average speed is 80MPH in the right lane of 696, 75, 94…or even the lodge (All of which have 70MPH Speed limit except the lodge, which is 55).
We drive this speed while dodging potholes that will swallow a whole truck and crap out a Yugo while sipping on Starbucks, holding the phone up to your face or facetiming and switching lanes…

I Keep saying my days of riding a motorcycle coming to an end are closer and closer….

Comparatively speaking, similar. Although we have about 1000 cars in a mile worth of pavement at any given time here.

I rode for 12 years. Last bike was a ZX-10R. I gave it up in 2011. I made it out, mostly, unscathed.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hats off to the Ram. An F150 would have floated away and the GM crap it's transmission. Gotta wonder though if the back window or 3rd brake light leaked

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be fair, 75% of my experience is in the greater Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area which is probably the worst of the worst. I can see what you're saying. It's like the equivalent to driving in north NJ vs. south NJ. When we visit my wife's family down there, I joke how quickly it takes to spot the "Florida Exit" on I-95. The "Florida Exit" is when someone who is usually over the age of 80, goes from the left lane across 5 lanes of traffic to exit, without looking.

Here in NJ, they are just aggressive. And it really just is NJ. NY state drivers have absolutely no clue what they are in for when they cross into NJ. With that being said, neither do NYC drivers. Yeah they are absolute a-holes. They are in for a real surprise when they come to NJ and find they are also a-holes...but at 80-90 mph. Yes, 80-90mph. The average speed on the Garden State Parkway now is 80 mph.

Absolutely hilarious ! Technically I was born in NY and my family moved down here when I was young (before all the current NY’ers migrated here). I know this feeling unfortunately I travel all over the place for work and have experienced NY/NJ driving as well as many other cities like Virginia/Chicago etc and you quickly get a reminder where you’re at. It’s funny talking with other guys that worked up there the first thing they mention is what a bunch of a-holes they are up there. I laugh and tell them how it was normal when I was living up there and it’s not until I lived in the south long enough that I realized what a bunch of a-holes we are lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adjutant

Reaction score
Lived in FL my whole life. We have plenty of meth heads and crazy but the last 10-20 years or so it’s all transplant northerners causing the majority of trouble. It’s either HOA Karen’s or wannabe NY tough guys acting foolish.
Im going to get so much grief for this, but I lived in Florida for about 5 years, and every time I heard that thick NY accent, my stomach would turn. And youre right, they were all loud mouthed tough guys. It is UNBELIEVABLE how many NY'ers have moved to Florida

Users who are viewing this thread