5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online navigation lost after cancelation xm guardian

dsmonline

Reaction score
is online nav tied to xm guardian

I was told the online search for Nav was tied to the AT&T WiFi Hotspot service which was a 3 month trial when we bought the truck. I do know my online search worked fine when I first bought the truck and than went away after a few months. Since I do not want/need the hotspot, I guess I will have to do without online Nv search.

If anyone knows different, please advise.

Buck

Reaction score
I was told the online search for Nav was tied to the AT&T WiFi Hotspot service which was a 3 month trial when we bought the truck. I do know my online search worked fine when I first bought the truck and than went away after a few months. Since I do not want/need the hotspot, I guess I will have to do without online Nv search.

Spoke with unconnected today they said not connected to anything
But the system is down again
Here we go again

rconiv

Reaction score
I am guessing it ties to the hotspot. I caught a moment when they offered unlimited data for $10 a month, and jumped on that, so that might be why it still works for me. Now if the map maker would do something about the 3 year old maps on my 2019. I didn't renew the guardian after it expired, so it wasn't tied to that, though the update that made it work, didn't come out till after it had expired.

Carll M

Reaction score
I have been able to connect Google maps on my iPhone with a hard wire connection to the display. I got a 180 degree connector on Amazon so I can put the phone in one of the cup holders upright no problem. I also like Apple Car Play though my phone and it charges the phone while you use it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never activated the hotspot in the car and the online search working fine for me last time i check.

dsmonline

Reaction score
I never activated the hotspot in the car and the online search working fine for me last time i check.

My trail period for the Hotspot was active when I picked up the truck (I did not need to activate it), however the trial is only 3 months in duration. Once my trial was over, I lost online search. Have you had your truck more than 3 months and you do see the online search as active in your Nav?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is over 3 months old (week away from 5 months), never activated the hot spot, and online search still works fine

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My trail period for the Hotspot was active when I picked up the truck (I did not need to activate it), however the trial is only 3 months in duration. Once my trial was over, I lost online search. Have you had your truck more than 3 months and you do see the online search as active in your Nav?

Bought the car back in last Sept.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine didn't work when i got the car but an update roll out early this year or late last year some like that fixed this issue for me.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also forgot to add..... online search works even when I’m 3 levels underground. Which amazed me the first time, but now don’t even think about anymore

Buck

Reaction score
I never activated wifi. And online nav worked after last update. But when xm guardian expired I lost online nav. FCA gives me answers that don't answer anything
Weather it is tied to xm guardian

gmab

Reaction score
My one year XM Guardian trial expired in April. Around the same time I lost my online nav search. Hasn't shown up once...nadda.
I received a 3 month free extension to Guardian and went ahead and activated it on Tuesday (no credit card or anything). Within the hour my online nav appeared.

Buck

Reaction score
That seems to be the way it works. But not worth 300.
00 per year

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don’t have the ATT wi fi and my online nav works. It didn’t work until the most recent update but it works fine now. I don’t believe it is tied to wi fi.

Buck

Reaction score
I don’t have the ATT wi fi and my online nav works. It didn’t work until the most recent update but it works fine now. I don’t believe it is tied to wi fi.
Do you have xm guardian
Seems to be tied to xm guardian?

Users who are viewing this thread