5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One side lower Air suspension

Trader

Reaction score
My front driver side is 1/2” lower than the passenger side. The back is the same.
Anybody else have this problem?

Trader

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer they said there was a code and it reset itself all is good. BS

Now it is 1/2” higher on the driver side.

neverwouldof

Reaction score
So weird I just noticed mine was standing wonky and went around and measured ground to the edge of wheel wells and it was off about 1" side to side in Rear and 3/4" side to side in the front. Also when I lowered to Aero driving around suspension felt incredibly stiff. This is after they had to replace parts of air suspension last week. Front is about 2.5-3" lower then Rear which i'm guessing is normal?

neverwouldof

Reaction score
In Entry mode Right Front its about 35.25" and offload 2 its 39" , Right Rear its about 38.5" and offload 2 its 42.25". The Front Left is 3/4" lower then Right side and the Rear Left is about 1" lower as examples...

Snakes709

Reaction score
Get rid of the truck if you have air ride, especially if you live in a cold climate. I lost my suspension 3 times this winter due to their ****ty air ride system. Thousands of others have had this issue across canada and the northern states and fca doesnt care because it hasnt killed anyone yet. Its why i traded my gen4 in for a gen5.

Trader

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer they said there was a code and it reset itself all is good. BS

Now it is 1/2” higher on the driver side.
Went back to the dealer yesterday. In the before I moved it out of the garage was when it was 1/2” higher on the driver side front and back. When I moved it out to the driveway the front leveled out the back was off a 1/4” which is not a big deal.
They kept it overnight, haven’t heard anything today so I assume they found it this AM lower on one side.

Trader

Reaction score
So the dealer got in touch with RAM Engineers. What I am experiencing is perfectly normal. When the truck is off it is normal for the airbags to vent to relieve or remove condensation. So as long as the truck goes back to level when running all is normal.

verter

Reaction score
So the dealer got in touch with RAM Engineers. What I am experiencing is perfectly normal. When the truck is off it is normal for the airbags to vent to relieve or remove condensation. So as long as the truck goes back to level when running all is normal.
By running, you mean in park with engine on or driving? Mine is lower on the driver side with engine on or off. It has only 60 miles on it and I swear it was level when I bought it.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tire Pressures?
Get in and have someone measure it (it should adjust with your weight - does it level out?)

adding this to my "let's talk engineering" list

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Engine running so that the air suspension "kicks in" and levels out the truck. If a 90# person sat in the driver's seat, the left side would barely move. Now let's put 500# in the driver's seat and another in the rear seat behind the driver. They system should kick in and level out the vehicle. Same as if those two 500# items were placed in the rear of the truck bed. The system should also level the truck now from back to front. ( a nice cartoon drawing would be perfect here for reference ) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread