5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One question?

warmachine

Reaction score
I don’t think anything comes with an ash tray or lighter anymore

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could argue the 12V plug and tray on top of the dashboard could be used for that purpose. But that's not the same as a "smoker's kit".

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wishful thinking, maybe. The owner's manual refers to "CD/DVD Disc Maintenance", probably by accident.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was Rams intention, either for a radar detector or dash cam

i would agree. but i see other guys hardwiring and putting them under the mirror. when mounted under the mirror - the wire still shows. made me think- why mount up under mirror instead on top of the dash with velcro?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
i would agree. but i see other guys hardwiring and putting them under the mirror. when mounted under the mirror - the wire still shows. made me think- why mount up under mirror instead on top of the dash with velcro?
Definitely a cleaner look mounted next to the rear view mirror if it’s done right, in my last car I hard wired a radar detector to the left of the mirror and it was basically invisible from anywhere but the drivers seat, couldn’t even see it from outside the car.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wishful thinking, maybe. The owner's manual refers to "CD/DVD Disc Maintenance", probably by accident.

Some Chrysler models do have a CD/DVD player, such as the Pacifica. Some Pacifica models have video screens built in to the back of the front seats so the little ones can watch videos. However, I'm not aware that's a feature found on Rams, at least not yet.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 002281 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread