5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One click access to backup camera from home screen?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Huh ... ok, thanks Dark. Man, All i want is a nice big rear cam picture and to have it easily accessible - too much to ask i guess.
This Tazer DT that HSKR is talking about seems to maybe allow more programming ability ?
On the 2021 trucks you could trigger the camera by a hardware button but on UC5 (2022+) you can't

The Tazer DT has some "live" features where it stays connected to the truck and spoofs data to make it do things it doesn't normally.
You can look at it on their website but be warned majority of the features that related to the radio don't work and likely never will as they gave up on UC5. I have been waiting since mid 2022 for listed features to work and they charge you a huge return fee (which they don't tell you) if you return it because it doesn't work properly so make sure you buy used or get from somewhere you can return not from the manufacture directly (looks like a 3rd party on Amazon sells it with returns allowed).

Once you click 360 camera from the top you need to manually select the rear cam to get the half screen.
You can also make a shortcut card (the quadrants of the home page) and add 360 degree camera as a shortcut there, but it will not let you open it in motion, so unless you are almost stopped, or in reverse you will not be able to access that camera.

You can get a bypass cable to allow you to use the camera in motion, but you would need to hold down a steering wheel button for 5-10 seconds, and it still defaults to 360 camera view not rear only.

Unfortunately it seems neither of these really do what you are looking for.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
On the 2021 trucks you could trigger the camera by a hardware button but on UC5 (2022+) you can't

The Tazer DT has some "live" features where it stays connected to the truck and spoofs data to make it do things it doesn't normally.
You can look at it on their website but be warned majority of the features that related to the radio don't work and likely never will as they gave up on UC5. I have been waiting since mid 2022 for listed features to work and they charge you a huge return fee (which they don't tell you) if you return it because it doesn't work properly so make sure you buy used or get from somewhere you can return not from the manufacture directly (looks like a 3rd party on Amazon sells it with returns allowed).

Once you click 360 camera from the top you need to manually select the rear cam to get the half screen.
You can also make a shortcut card (the quadrants of the home page) and add 360 degree camera as a shortcut there, but it will not let you open it in motion, so unless you are almost stopped, or in reverse you will not be able to access that camera.

You can get a bypass cable to allow you to use the camera in motion, but you would need to hold down a steering wheel button for 5-10 seconds, and it still defaults to 360 camera view not rear only.

Unfortunately it seems neither of these really do what you are looking for.
Great information Dark - Thank you. Oh well, a couple button clicks every time will have to suffice ! Look how lazy ive gotten :)

SShadow1974

Reaction score
You have to wonder if the person/people programming the UI for uConnect ever actually drive and use what they're programming. Surely they could add the option of chosing which camera you want to default to when reversing. I know some people would prefer the surround view, but others like me use their mirrors to see what's beside them and want the camera to show what's behind. Give us OPTIONS.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
You have to wonder if the person/people programming the UI for uConnect ever actually drive and use what they're programming. Surely they could add the option of chosing which camera you want to default to when reversing. I know some people would prefer the surround view, but others like me use their mirrors to see what's beside them and want the camera to show what's behind. Give us OPTIONS.
Agreed, but on the other hand ive heard we get more customizeable options than most manufacturers. Still, i want my burger my way ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/