5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

onboard thermometer

knvoss

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with their outside temperature reading correctly? Mine seems to be reading about 10 degrees F higher than the actual temperature outside.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with their outside temperature reading correctly? Mine seems to be reading about 10 degrees F higher than the actual temperature outside.

First, be sure the thermometers you are using as a reference are accurate. I have found that on all three of my Rams they are very accurate. That doesn't mean you can't have a bad sensor. Also, I have found that the vehicle outside temperature indicator will read high after the vehicle sits for a while. After a few minutes of driving it will return to the real temperature.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003075 miles.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Outside temp sensor is in the drivers side exterior rear view mirror. May or may not apply to your specific symptoms

Flot

Reaction score
Mine was pretty ridiculous during the high temps we had in august. I was seeing temps of 104 listed after being parked a while, whereas the "actual" outside temperature was mid 90s. It does feel less accurate than other vehicles I've had, although I am used to those going high while parked and then returning to normal fairly quickly.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was pretty ridiculous during the high temps we had in august. I was seeing temps of 104 listed after being parked a while, whereas the "actual" outside temperature was mid 90s. It does feel less accurate than other vehicles I've had, although I am used to those going high while parked and then returning to normal fairly quickly.
I have also noticed mine be on the extreme high side until driven for awhile. Although one day, it was pegged at 76 degrees the entire damn day despite it being 90 degrees out.

Outside temp sensor is in the drivers side exterior rear view mirror. May or may not apply to your specific symptoms
This would mostly explain it. Annoying, but should cool down at speed and eventually read correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread