5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, issue that concerns me with the 12” Touch screen.

kretsebr

Reaction score
Driving into work this morning the Heated seat and steering wheel were automatic on with the outdoor temp at 39F degrees…. I went to turn them off and the touch screen would not operate, first time this happen, owning the truck since Aug 2018. No touch functions on the screen worked, but the hard buttons and knobs worked for radio and climate. GREAT! NO!! not really, I could not turn the damn seat and steering wheel heater off…. NO HARD BUTTONS FOR THEM, …. BAD.. BAD design FCA….. Anyways I pulled over alongside the road and shut the truck off and re-started, as the IT support wife would tell her workers having computer issues to try…. Well that did not work. I needed to get to work, so I drove another 10 miles, until I could not stand the HOT *** and burning hands anymore, so I pulled over again, shutting down the truck, plus getting out to cool my backside down, 5mins later, hooped back in started truck and everything worked, touch screen is fully functional.
12” Touch screen vs. hard buttons….. Would you not think having another way of shutting off the heaters to be safe, so maybe not starting a fire within the truck, due to the inability of the touch screen failing.

kretsebr

Reaction score
The Uconnect site for checking updates per my vin # stated I'm up to date. I would assume it was just a startup and run check that locked up the function of the touch screen. I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

nytmare

Reaction score
The Uconnect site for checking updates per my vin # stated I'm up to date. I would assume it was just a startup and run check that locked up the function of the touch screen. I'm going to keep an eye on this one.
The UConnect website is notoriously wrong. What's your truck's build date and what's your UConnect software version? If the software version isn't 19.49.13, then you're not up to date.

Clayssport

Reaction score
I had an automatic update last week. Everytime i shut off the truck it said install new update, so pushed yes.. Ive never had any issues with my 12 though, but it did say something about stability/ reliability update.

Users who are viewing this thread