5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil suggestions

jrhisey

Reaction score
Anyone using amsoil signature max diesel oil 5w 40 and how important is ms12991

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd go by the manual while under warranty. I'll be drinking some Redline kool aid in a year or so when mine is up

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Amsoil is good oil, but warranty or not, make sure your oil meets all required standards. They don't require them for nothing. It's fine to use higher standard, but not lower.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone using amsoil signature max diesel oil 5w 40 and how important is ms12991

Wonder what truck you have.
Mine takes 0w20, not 5w40.

Just use whatever good quality oil you want. Almost all the major brands meet and exceed the specification set by the manufacturer, and sometimes just don't pay the mafia their fee to put their stupid sticker on the oil.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wonder what truck you have.
Mine takes 0w20, not 5w40.

Just use whatever good quality oil you want. Almost all the major brands meet and exceed the specification set by the manufacturer, and sometimes just don't pay the mafia their fee to put their stupid sticker on the oil.
Since the oil he's using is for diesel engines ("amsoil signature max diesel oil 5w 40") I'd guess he has a EcoDiesel. 🍻

jrhisey

Reaction score
Since the oil he's using is for diesel engines ("amsoil signature max diesel oil 5w 40") I'd guess he has a EcoDiesel. 🍻

I guess that would help, ram 1500 3.0L diesel 4x4 big horn 2022.
So I wouldn't want to lose the warranty from using diesel oil without ms-12991

jrhisey

Reaction score
Sorry bout that , 3.0L 3rd gen diesel Big horn 4x4 2022
Thanks, I kinda feel the same way,, don't want to lose warranty over something stupid like ms 12991 label

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I run shell Rotella diesel oil in my motorcycle that isn't a diesel. It's pretty common, and smooths out the transmission quite a bit.

Don't know of anybody doing it in a truck but wouldn't shock me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/