5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil pressure switch location

oldtoolman

Reaction score
Saturday, I noticed the analog oil pressure was nearly pegged. The computer gauge showed approx 50 psi while traveling down the road. I purchased a Mopar 68334877AA and just replaced it. Still have the analog gauge showing nearly 100 psi and the computer is showing correct oil pressure. I replaced the sensor on the front of the block that I replaced with a 15/16 socket the one circled in blue. There's also a sensor right above the oil filter the one circled in orange. Did I replace the wrong sensor? What is the sensor at the oil pressure housing? I was sure switching the sensor was going to correct the analog gauge issue. I know, because of the computer dash gauge I have the correct oil pressure, but I need to figure out why the analog gauge is pegged. I'm pretty decent finding info on the web, but I can't figure out what the senor is directly above the filter. There's a ton of info on 4th and 3rd gens, but I can't find info on 5th gens. The pickup is a 2019 limited with 56,000 miles on it.

Attachments

• 20240717_112255.jpg
    20240717_112255.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 3
  • sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread