5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Pan Gasket Leak

davisenvy

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7 and 33,000 miles. The dealer has replaced the gasket, but its still leaking in the same place. It took them almost 3 weeks to replace it the first time so I'm not real excited about dropping my truck off again. Is this a common problem on these trucks?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First I've heard of this particular issue...but maybe someone else will chime in.

Sounds like one of the mating surfaces is not within spec.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I've not heard of this either. I am wondering if its a rear or front seal leak running down and they are misdiagnosing as an oil pan gasket?

davisenvy

Reaction score
I can see where the oil is seeping from the rear right of the pan gasket and dripping down from my bell housing. The exact same place it was leaking before they replaced the gasket.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I can see where the oil is seeping from the rear right of the pan gasket and dripping down from my bell housing. The exact same place it was leaking before they replaced the gasket.

Yes but there is a possibility of a rear main seal leak. It could be running down onto the pan and gasket area.

davisenvy

Reaction score
I mentioned a rear main seal to the lead tech and he said "no way, not on a Hemi". I guess I'll find out in the next few weeks. I was hoping to put a few more miles before trading this truck in.

Users who are viewing this thread