5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Leak??

yanginzburg

Reaction score
2020 ram classic, 300 km , noticed a leak in between engine and transmission . 3 days old truck

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Them: You don’t want to buy a Ram, they have a bad reputation for (insert disparaging comments here).

Me: No, the newer ones are really nice and have a pretty good reputation!

My Truck: Hold my beer...

3 weeks old and a little over 700 miles and my truck is marking its spot with oil wherever it sits. Not a ton of oil and hopefully just something simple but aggravating none the less. I crawled under for a look and there’s oil on a number of things in the vicinity of, and below, the oil filter. Also looked to be wet with a little oil around the edge of the filter where it seals. Put a filter wrench on it and it seemed tight to me. Have an appointment at my local dealer this week to check it out.

I’m not overly alarmed yet, and hopefully it’s no big deal, but are there any steps I should take to start a paper trail in case it turns into a recurring issue or something larger down the road?

5C554E8E-E695-4179-A3C0-E9F0E95A5764.jpeg 5C554E8E-E695-4179-A3C0-E9F0E95A5764.jpeg

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Update for any others who may run into similar issues...my leak was coming from the oil pressure sensor. Quick fix by the service department at my local dealer. It's never encouraging to have a brand new vehicle leaking oil, but hopefully just one of those fluky occurrences.

TheTank

Reaction score
2020 Rebel in shop now. Leaking at the bell housing. Shop just informed the leak was coming from the oil pressure sensor. Was this a once and done issue for your truck, or did it continue to leak after replacing it?

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
2020 Rebel in shop now. Leaking at the bell housing. Shop just informed the leak was coming from the oil pressure sensor. Was this a once and done issue for your truck, or did it continue to leak after replacing it?
Knock on wood, it has been a once and done issue to this point.

Users who are viewing this thread