5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil leak issue with dealer

taxihacker

Reaction score
Got a ?? Took my 21 ram 5.7 in dealer 8 days ago for a oil leak they called the second day saying tech diagnosed it’s a rear main seal have to order parts finish when they come in.they just call me on 8th day and say that tech doesn’t work there anymore said they assigned a new tech on it and said they can’t find the leak now! They say they can’t replace the rear main now cause if the leak continues after replacing the it they’re is a problem through Ram!! What’s your thoughts how I should go about this!! Note service advisor saw the leak present at time of the appointment

Last edited:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
If the prior tech cleaned things off and its been sitting at the dealer all this time, not running, of course there will be no leak visible. Or it was misdiagnosed but they don't want to tell you the last guy was fired for incompetence. Or perhaps the new guy is the incompetent one. No way to know, now.

Tell them to put the fluorescent dye in and you'll take the truck and be back if you see any more drips. And the next time they should be able to pinpoint it easily with the dye.

taxihacker

Reaction score
If the prior tech cleaned things off and its been sitting at the dealer all this time, not running, of course there will be no leak visible. Or it was misdiagnosed but they don't want to tell you the last guy was fired for incompetence. Or perhaps the new guy is the incompetent one. No way to know, now.

Tell them to put the fluorescent dye in and you'll take the truck and be back if you see any more drips. And the next time they should be able to pinpoint it easily with the dye.
They put dye in it already I’m 2 hours away from dealer I have a rental I told them to drive it around the service advisor saw the leak present when I brought it in

taxihacker

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread