5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil filter shortage

Paulie

Reaction score
Has anyone found another cost effective source for OEM oil filters? Dieselfiltersonline has been out of stock and they’re not sure when they will be receiving more.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, ecoguard. People put in their minds that it has to be mopar, but the reality is all you need to do is have a paper element that filters 25 µm, doesn’t break down with synthetic oil, and doesn’t cause a high pressure drop. Most Chinese filters can do that also.

Snekpete

Reaction score
I just did an oil change a few weeks ago. I used the WIX 57060XP oil filter. It looked exactly like the factory Mopar filter that I removed right down to the black color and interior tab. The only difference was the label. I strongly suspect that the Mopar filter is a relabeled Wix.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The cheaper filters you can find on amazon look almost identical to the mopar filters. I have no idea what the micron rating of either filters are as it is not listed, but they look to be the same, just don’t have the mopar logo or part numbers on them. Eco guard is another option, but I haven’t had a chance to pick one up yet.

My local dealer also mentioned a fuel filter shortage, so they are using filters from part source at the moment, and these are identical to the mopar filter but are stamped part source rather than mopar. Still a pretty expensive filter, even with a business discount.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just did an oil change a few weeks ago. I used the WIX 57060XP oil filter. It looked exactly like the factory Mopar filter that I removed right down to the black color and interior tab. The only difference was the label. I strongly suspect that the Mopar filter is a relabeled Wix.
This is a diesel thread.

d3sarius

Reaction score
I had trouble finding Mopar in the shortage. I picked up some Ecoguard filters and it’s working fine.

mrfreon

Reaction score
I ordered from here: https://www.idparts.com/oil-filter-oem-2020-ecodiesel-68507598aa-68498720aa-p-13646.html

They said they anticipate getting more in on 3/29. I'm at 17K miles so I can wait another 2-3 weeks easily but my order is in and I hope it ships around 1st week of April.
I ordered my oil & filter from idparts last weekend and was informed this week that it may not ship until the end of April. I guess I'll use a generic filter available from Amazon for a few weeks and install the Mopar oil filter when it finally gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread