5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Filter Removal Wrench

dsmonline

Reaction score
After reading so many posts here that everyone was having all kinds of trouble removing the oil filter on the Hemi, I was not looking forward to performing my first oil and oil filter change yesterday. Seems the factory uses gorillas to torque the filter on and it is in an odd place to get at. Actually I was pleasantly surprised that the filter removal took less than one minute to remove and some of that time was sliding under the truck. I used my oil filter removal wrench I have had for sometime, worked great. Thought I would share a photo and link to it so that others may want to pick one up, they are well worth the modest cost and saves lots of grief fighting other methods getting the filter off. Make sure you get the swivel type handle.

Here is a link to the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-57030-...=1616270109&sprefix=oil+filter,aps,218&sr=8-9

71SqYPx8ioL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear there is a oil filter wrench to get the job done. My tool of choice works well too!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Being this is my second Ram, I invested in a strap type wrench with my first Ram. Works great, adjustable. Learned to do the “1/4 turn past hand tight” per some of the filter recommendations. Also works well to open jar lids that wont budge

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use one similar, it was easy to remove, the trick on getting the first factory one off seems to be a warmed-up engine, not sure if you did that? Everyone I know that tried it cold hard a had time.

STIG302

Reaction score
I use my hand but still annoyed at the mess created even using a gallon ziplock bag. Thinking of using an add-on filter to relocate for accessibility. The design just plainly sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread