5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil filter for 2022

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an K&N HP-1017 is the correct filter for a 2022 1500 Limited 5.7 eTorque?
Having lots of problems finding anything for the 2022 year model, I think it's safe to assume anything that fits a 19 or 20 should work but never know if weird things get changed...

I like to use the K&N filters because they have the nut to screw off easy and I don't know anyone else that has that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an K&N HP-1017 is the correct filter for a 2022 1500 Limited 5.7 eTorque?
Having lots of problems finding anything for the 2022 year model, I think it's safe to assume anything that fits a 19 or 20 should work but never know if weird things get changed...

I like to use the K&N filters because they have the nut to screw off easy and I don't know anyone else that has that.
Should fit fine, but I'd you have to use a wrench in you oil filter to remove it, you installed it too tight the last time

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Should fit fine, but I'd you have to use a wrench in you oil filter to remove it, you installed it too tight the last time
I have had filters leak in the past so I make sure they are tight, not too tight to break anything or mess up the fitting, just enough that I don't really want to turn it off by hand (which I should be able to do if I could actually get a good grip).

My filter on my 2013 Acadia is in front of the engine compartment half way down almost touching the radiator fan so it's almost impossible to take out or even put in by hand.
This picture doesn't do it justice to show how little space is actually there.
1649020689656.png
I just noticed that the HP-1017 is a really small filter, I find it weird that's all our trucks use.
My Acadia and my oil Silverado was at least double the size so figured I would check as Autozone only has books that go up to Rams 2020.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had filters leak in the past so I make sure they are tight, not too tight to break anything or mess up the fitting, just enough that I don't really want to turn it off by hand (which I should be able to do if I could actually get a good grip).

My filter on my 2013 Acadia is in front of the engine compartment half way down almost touching the radiator fan so it's almost impossible to take out or even put in by hand.
This picture doesn't do it justice to show how little space is actually there.
View attachment 125134
I just noticed that the HP-1017 is a really small filter, I find it weird that's all our trucks use.
My Acadia and my oil Silverado was at least double the size so figured I would check as Autozone only has books that go up to Rams 2020.
You can use a larger filter. I run a SRT filter that is the same size as the older filters. About twice the size as our factory ones. But they are harder to get in and out because they are larger.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is plenty of space to hand tighten (which is all you need on an oil filter) with the RAM Hemi. Same goes for removing that same hand-tightened filter. Now, doing an oil change without making a mess...that's a different story.

The factory filter is put on by the resident silverback gorilla, likely without any lube on the gasket. The first oil change (if you do them yourself) can be a bear because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread