5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil drain value

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Whats the best oil drain value being used right now. I had this slick femco one on my 2015 2500 cummins and it worked great. would like something like that again or maybe a fumoto

john94si

Reaction score
I have a fumoto and forgot.. went to change my oil and was relived how easy it is to use.

broman66

Reaction score
I went to the fumoto website and there are many sizes available. Does anyone have the actual part number/size? Does it interfere with the cross member? I don't want to make it worse. The oil filter is messy enough...LOL

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
I'll definitely be installing one of these oil drain valves when I do my 1st oil change (Just crossed over to 2000 miles)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Valvomax! American engineered and American made. It is spill proof and drains a heck of a lot faster than Fumoto valves.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the fumoto website and there are many sizes available. Does anyone have the actual part number/size? Does it interfere with the cross member? I don't want to make it worse. The oil filter is messy enough...LOL
F106SX. I love the adjustability to point it away from the sway bar.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing that can go wrong with a fumoto is you either break it off somehow while driving and manage to drive something between the crossmember and the pan to do so, or you let a dealer or a oil change place ever touch it. They will break your clip, or the valve. At best they will remove the valve and wonder wtf it is before messing it up or crossthreading it back on.

I just use a small section of PVC airline to drain my oil. It fits right into the valve. no leaks, no mess.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Valvomax looks pretty sweet! I got the FEMCO (Norwegian and American) one right after I purchased the truck and don't remember seeing the Valvomax for sale yet.

Users who are viewing this thread