5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil change??

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's mind boggling why dealers either don't know or tell you that these trucks come with 2 years complimentary maintenance that includes 4 oil changes
True in Texas, but not everywhere. I still change my own oil; the dealer doesn’t even stock PUP.

ddharris

Reaction score
Oil is cheap insurance. No need really to push it just don't go overboard.

DeanKing

Reaction score
It's mind boggling why dealers either don't know or tell you that these trucks come with 2 years complimentary maintenance that includes 4 oil changes
Do you have that somewhere in writing? I have never seen that. Perhaps it is a dealership specific thing?

DeanKing

Reaction score
I know everyone has got an opinion on this but I prefer to go with the manufacturer who warranties it and their engineers. Very interesting exchange with the dealership at my first oil change. Truck let it go to near 10k miles. I go to pay and I ask the guy why the bill is so low. Turns out they only put a synth blend in. He then follows that up with "but the factory puts too long an interval on it so we lowered it". Now we are having a WTF moment. As it turns out, they lowered it to probably around 5000 miles. Apparently it will monitor and recommend sooner but it also has a max setting. So this is basically just a more modern version of the windshield sticker. Except they also put one of those saying 3000 miles. So now I am wondering what exactly is going on with the type of oil. Someone on this thread said the factory loads it with full synthetic. I always heard you never supposed to go back from that. That would explain a 10k max. But then the dealer puts in a blend which makes sense it should be changed at 5000. I can clearly see the profit motive for them to get me in for more oil changes. I feel something isn't right here. Does anyone have proof the initial oil is full synth? Is it really bad to go back to a blend?

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Do you have that somewhere in writing? I have never seen that. Perhaps it is a dealership specific thing?
I did receive more than one phone calls from Ramcare welcoming me to my new Ram. That's when they informed me of it. My buddy never got the call however they confirmed with him as well after he called them. It comes with 2 years complimentary maintenance including 4 oil changes, tire rotations, free car rental, etc.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score

Whaaa ....... WHAT?!!!

All our trucks man, come with free oil changes man .... for 2 years man?!?!?!?!

Attachments

• 2338B567-4E6B-4D6A-943E-4C5424CA342C.jpeg
    2338B567-4E6B-4D6A-943E-4C5424CA342C.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 14

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did receive more than one phone calls from Ramcare welcoming me to my new Ram. That's when they informed me of it. My buddy never got the call however they confirmed with him as well after he called them. It comes with 2 years complimentary maintenance including 4 oil changes, tire rotations, free car rental, etc.

How do you confirm this with a dealer?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you confirm this with a dealer?

FYI - The Ram Care Program (the "Plan") is a membership and service program offered by FCA US LLC on certain RAM Brand models sold in the state of Texas.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had free oil changes too but I'm doing the changes on my own. I want to minimize a dealer service center touching my vehicle as much as possible! :ROFLMAO:

The last time I had my truck in for warranty service I told them I did my own oil change so I did not need the service. Guess what? I picked up the vehicle and the service center told me they noticed I had the oil filter a little loose so they ratcheted it down. I told them, "Yes, I hand tightened it down to the point I couldn't turn it anymore because I never wanted to deal with factory torqued up thing ever again!" I wasn't happy:mad:

Just handle your own regular maintenance and servicing that you feel you can comfortably handle as much as possible. Only advice I can give.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score

Both dealers that I took my truck to and asked about said I didn't have the "service contract" and don't get any of that. Looks like I'll have to read the fine print again and double check.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it is dealer specific with complimentary oil changes. I've been on the forums for awhile and never heard of a FCA nationwide oil deal. I cannot also recall a vehicle being promoted from a manufacturer for a nationwide oil change package.

Houstontiger

Reaction score
I am in Texas indeed. Called FCA again to confirm today. They stated that it's VIN specific not a dealer or a state deal

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
VIN specific? That's just ****ing stupid.

FCA #1 - Hey so what do you want to do to help sell some trucks?
FCA #2 - Oh I dunno, let's give out 4 free oil changes over the course of two years.
FCA #1 - Wow great idea! But the bosses won't go for that. Let's limit the number of vehicles that qualify.
FCA #2 - Ok sure. Let's pull a list of VINs and put them into a dartboard pattern and throw darts at them.
FCA #1 - Yea that sounds like fun! *proceeds with plan*
FCA #2 - Awww ****! I just forgot, ever since FCA #3 got hit in the eye with a dart the bosses took them away.
FCA #1 - ****! Now what?
FCA #2 - Just let the monkey pick some and let's go to lunch.
FCA #1 - Sweeeet, let me get my keys

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am in Texas indeed. Called FCA again to confirm today. They stated that it's VIN specific not a dealer or a state deal
This “Ram Care” plan is in the Texas ads / brochures. It was even in the online configurator when I built my truck online over a year ago, once I put in a Texas zip code. The only reason it’s “VIN-specific” is because you have to purchase a trim other than Tradesman to be eligible.

See the website for details:

Repsol69

Reaction score
no free oil changes for me

None for me too.... the dealer said I didn’t purchase at the advertised price so they made me sign a waiver stating no free oil changes n I also didn’t get the $250 gift card they were offering.. WTF?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/