5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil change sway bar help

mrclarkinc

Reaction score
Real quick. I’m sure many of you have thought of this, but just wanted to share what I did to avoid the sway bar issue. I’ve seen a bunch of people on youtube struggling w/ it.

Took a wide piece of cardboard, put it behind the nut and on top of the sway bar. Was able to actually put it so that it stayed on it’s own. Oil flowed perfectly into pan, sway bar didn’t have a drop on it.

Anyhow, like I said, i’m sure many of you have done this. But figured i’d share since every video I watched the folks had issues w/ it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Real quick. I’m sure many of you have thought of this, but just wanted to share what I did to avoid the sway bar issue. I’ve seen a bunch of people on youtube struggling w/ it.

Took a wide piece of cardboard, put it behind the nut and on top of the sway bar. Was able to actually put it so that it stayed on it’s own. Oil flowed perfectly into pan, sway bar didn’t have a drop on it.

Anyhow, like I said, i’m sure many of you have done this. But figured i’d share since every video I watched the folks had issues w/ it.
I did this with a flexible plastic cutting board the first time. Then I swapped in a Fumoto ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/