5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil change prices

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very rare for the tcase seal to be leaking let alone at 400 miles, he's not wrong. Asking if you have done anything is wrong, why would a service manager suspect something had been done? It's an easy $100-150 in his department's pocket. I'm not really sure why you have to insult every dealer employee that way. Be in their shoes for 1 day. For most dealership employees it would be difficult to keep up on every tsb, service trend and specs on every vehicle they have come in.
I don’t insult every dealer employee as often as possible - only you! I know it gets to you more than most and love ruining your afternoon!!!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t insult every dealer employee as often as possible - only you! I know it gets to you more than most and love ruining your afternoon!!!
Haven't ruined anything. It's your opinion. I'm sure when you walk into your dealer they roll their eyes at the old mad who thinks he knows everything because he saw it on the internet. It's all good. Have you checked the fuses in your PDCs yet? I heard they cause problems, I saw it on a Wrangler forum....

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't ruined anything. It's your opinion. I'm sure when you walk into your dealer they roll their eyes at the old mad who thinks he knows everything because he saw it on the internet. It's all good. Have you checked the fuses in your PDCs yet? I heard they cause problems, I saw it on a Wrangler forum....
Yep, typical of your previous postings, you continue to prove the point I made in my earlier post…one more dealership idiot.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, typical of your previous postings, you continue to prove the point I made in my earlier post…one more dealership idiot.
You have no point.

If you only had a clue who I am I'm actually a customer advocate. My surveys alone would show you that. I'm sure you have received the survey from Ram, my FFV and CSI is well above average. The reason for that is I communicate with the customer when needed(regardless if they are PITA or not). If there is a concern that I can't duplicate I will contact the customer myself and ask questions and talk to them about it. Yet you want to call me an idiot. I'm fully aware that customers have better things to do than make things up.

Fyi a truck comes in to our shop at 400 miles with a tcase leak, it's fixed. There is no reason to question it unless something is suspicious.

Yes sir I am the idiot that fixes the internet guru's truck.

cemem

Reaction score
The answer is they will charge as much as they can if you’ll pay for it. Look for coupons on their website or FCA website. You’ll still overpay but you can save a little.

It appears they charged you $14.35 a quart for 8 quarts but the Ecodiesel takes 8.5 so you’re most likely 1/2 a quart low. And you can buy your own spec oil for 1/3 to 1/2 the price.

Then, they charged you $97.95 for a. Oil filter that I can get all day long from Amazon or Walmart (genuine Mopar) for $50.

Finally, they nailed you $40 for labor and $7 for shop supplies.

I’ve done my own from day one and saved both money and aggravation as I know it gets done correctly without a mess dripping afterwards. The oil change in an Ecodiesel is light years easier than a Hemi thus I wouldn’t pay any dealer $40 for time to do it plus the shagging they do with the oil/filter pricing of gear fixup.

And don’t get me started on the fuel filter replacement as that is where the dealer puts his kid through college! 😉 That is the easiest job in the world and can save you big bucks if you do it yourself gear fixup.
$100.00.

Cost of oil change at one of the local independent mechanic shops.

Engine is a V8.

What is the question? None. Just a comment.

Croaker

Reaction score
I’m in MD. This morning I got a complimentary oil change, but the cost the dealer would have charged I’m pointing to in the below pic.

For my next oil change, I’ve picked up two 5 quart jugs of quaker state 5W 40 European synthetic for $41.
Edit: Turns out there’s no way to buy the proper filter element without the housing, so the filter cost the cheapest I can find it without a wholesale discount is $43.

View attachment 117633

What were the "MISC" items you received ? 😂

Users who are viewing this thread