5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offroad shocks vs standard shock ride quality

bigrodent

Reaction score
So i finally checked tire pressure. I ASSumed that the dealer checked and adjusted everything. Well the air pressure in the tires was 42 psi. My sticker says 32 psi front and back. I let out air and set at 32. The ride is a lot better. Will see if it makes a difference with the trailer. Thanks

Finally got my truck back with the suspension fixed. I checked the tire sticker and mine says 38PSI recommended. This is what they have the TPM set to and the dealer told me that they are not allowed to set it lower. It is interesting that my Laramie with ORG, 3.92 rear with the same body config has a higher tire PSI than yours. Wonder if they chose to adjust this in later builds?

Thanks.

jonesy

Reaction score
I have 4x4 Laramie with the ORG, Air Ride and 18" wheels with the ORG's standard Falken Wildpeak AT tires. Under 50 MPH it rides super smooth. Somewhere above 65 it seems that things stiffen up hitting road seams and cause a really stiff ride. My tires were at 39-40 front and rear just as the dealer had them set. If I go lower than 38 the TPM starts yelling at me. Is it possible that the HD shocks are stiffening because it is hitting the road seams at the higher rate of speed with more overall force? As for the 1" lift, at this point I am in Aero mode which should be the same as the non ORG trucks. The bags should be squishy still no?

I test drove the Rebel at higher speeds and it was much better. Would the Bilsteins handle this scenario better? Are the Duratracs a better ride?

Does anyone know what brand/model the Ram "HD" shocks are?

All advice and opinions appreciated!
I have the extra HD shocks with the North Ed and they're Hitachi

Users who are viewing this thread