5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OffRoad Group w/ Level?

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
So everyone I’ve scoured the forum for info on the subject, I got lots. But my situation in particular is a little different. I bit the bullet on a BigHorn yesterday, it came loaded with all the goodies, off-road group, level 2, tow package, premium lights/sound etc. The local dealer brought it in for me from another dealer not far away when we found it online inventory. The other dealer had plans to put in a level, tires, etc. I was lucky enough to make the deal on the truck and acquire it before the other dealer did the work(or so we thought). I’ve had the truck 2 days, I was told all they were able to get done before I bought it was the MudFlaps which they just let me have no charge. Now I had plans on a level anyways(verified ORG comes with 1” factory raised height, I wanted to add another 2” on top to achieve 3” level). I got under there this morning to plan it out, and turns out the other dealer DID install a top spacer, but now I’m left with the question what height?!(I haven’t seen any that are under 2” out there yet, but the truck didn’t look that tall to me). See pics below.

So good news is i essentially got my level on top of the ORG installed for free because of the mixup between the two dealers, awesome. But bad news is a have no idea what Kit was used and what size was used on top of the ORG. Pics below will show it a bit better, but if anybody could shed some light by some educated guessing(or let me know the height measurement of your 2” spacer so I can compare). This way I can plan on what I need to do from here and utilize what’s already been done. Thanks!

PS. My centre of hub to top of front wheel well measures 24.5”(im told factory non ORG trucks are ~22”?!, which would verify I already have 2.5” of TOTAL level if that’s the case)? I also included factory shock/strut sticker pics to verify I had the ORG(I cross referenced the parts and they are the ORG HD shocks for non air ride trucks). You can see the blue top hat spacer inside the pocket.

Attachments

• 0F01ADE1-728F-4B21-AEC5-415E5548A2C3.jpeg
    0F01ADE1-728F-4B21-AEC5-415E5548A2C3.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 8C8DF013-A12E-4DB2-B27A-A6E2413E893C.jpeg
    8C8DF013-A12E-4DB2-B27A-A6E2413E893C.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 1DA84D90-D2C2-4B7D-B58B-0EEBB38FED8D.jpeg
    1DA84D90-D2C2-4B7D-B58B-0EEBB38FED8D.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 75
  • C2138DA3-1CB2-4A24-919F-1E6BDB9B8DBA.jpeg
    C2138DA3-1CB2-4A24-919F-1E6BDB9B8DBA.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 87

puba08

Reaction score
I’ve never measured from the hub, but mine with a 2” spacer is 39” and change front and back from the ground. Spacer is coming out though. The ride is awful. Awaiting the eibach shocks to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
I’ve never measured from the hub, but mine with a 2” spacer is 39” and change front and back from the ground. Spacer is coming out though. The ride is awful. Awaiting the eibach shocks to arrive.

What size tires do you have with the spacer to get 39”? I still have the stock Falken Wildpeaks 32” on 18’s.

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score

Also does your truck have ORG? I just measured mine and I’m sitting at 39-1/4 from the ground. So I’m betting I’ve got a 2” spacer, possibly 1.5” based on other measurements I’ve read but I have yet to find a 1.5” spacer online, I imagine the bolts on the struts wouldn’t have much room for any smaller.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Previous gen spacers will fit on our trucks. So there are plenty of 1.5" out there.

puba08

Reaction score
What size tires do you have with the spacer to get 39”? I still have the stock Falken Wildpeaks 32” on 18’s.

Yes with the stock tires that’s what height I was at. Yes I definitely have the ORP springs and shocks. I have since changed to 275/65R20, and have not re measures since.

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
I figured some 4th Gen stuff would work but never verified. Anybody know by chance what the thickness/height of a 2” spacer is? I’m assuming it is a 2”, but I’d hate to do all the work to remove it just to verify that. By the way the truck sits now if I am a true 3” over stock(2” spacer+ORG) I’m looking raising the rear with either TufTruck coils or a 1” spacer. I’d like a bit of rake back for when towing.

Detritivores

Reaction score
I have a 2" spacer and I'm sitting right about 39-1/4" with the factory 18" wheels and Falkens. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
IDE just put the 1” spacer in the rear. Quick and easy install and you’ll have the rake back.

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
IDE just put the 1” spacer in the rear. Quick and easy install and you’ll have the rake back.

This is the plan. But I am going to look into TufTruck coils as well, I regularly haul with my truck whether it be a sled or quad in the back along with other chores. I have yet to put anything in the back of this truck but I’ve seen newer rams with weight in them and they squat quite a bit. The TTC-1223VT coils are variable rate, increase payload and 1.5” taller. But I need to verify the height since this truck is ORG and technically already 1” taller. I may need the spacer regardless if that’s the case along with lift coils, or their stock replacements and a 2” spacer. Trying to find info on this in the forum now.

ScottChurch

Reaction score
The stock hub to fender measurement on my Big Horn was 21.5” in the front and 24” in the rear. With my 3.5” lift I sit at 25” in the front and 26” in the rear.

My truck was not equipped with the ORP from the factory though, so I should have started 1” shorter than you (which would put your truck at 22.5” stock). Sounds like you have a 2” spacer in, I can measure mine later today and let you know the thickness.

Users who are viewing this thread