5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offline search within uconnect Nav

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm posting a new thread for those of us with the problem of not having online search and voice prompt in the uconnect nav. It's been discussed in other threads but I thought it would be cleaner to start a new one so that we can track any possible solutions or developments.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I'm posting a new thread for those of us with the problem of not having online search and voice prompt in the uconnect nav. It's been discussed in other threads but I thought it would be cleaner to start a new one so that we can track any possible solutions or developments.

It’s actually fixed in the new software. I received 19.49.13 last week and now online search works...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s actually fixed in the new software. I received 19.49.13 last week and now online search works...

Actually I have the same software as you and it's still not showing up after two weeks. I just don't get what the problem is. Cell signal is fine because Pandora comes in perfect.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I actually prefer mine searching off line because up here we don’t have unlimited data on our cell phones and it could get extremely expensive

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I actually prefer mine searching off line because up here we don’t have unlimited data on our cell phones and it could get extremely expensive

It does not go through your cell phone data but through the trucks built in data no additional cost.

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Mine does not work with the new software installed, the voice search microphone icon is greyed out. Pandora works great, as do 360L stations, so the data hotspot in the truck is working. I've had the upgrade for about 3 weeks. N0GL radio.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It does not go through your cell phone data but through the trucks built in data no additional cost.

It utilizes it’s dedicated onboard data system. NOT your phone.

Cheers,

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it somehow possible that you have to pay the monthly uconnect guardian service to activate the online search? The product sheet with that service says you can remotely send an address to navigate to and it will show up the next time you get into the truck. I don't have the subscription service so I suspect this may be what is behind some having it and others not.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Is it somehow possible that you have to pay the monthly uconnect guardian service to activate the online search? The product sheet with that service says you can remotely send an address to navigate to and it will show up the next time you get into the truck. I don't have the subscription service so I suspect this may be what is behind some having it and others not.
Absolutely, positively, not.
That is a function of the radio. No subscription needed. Mine expired almost a year ago BTW.

Cheers,

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this. Has anyone found out why some of us have never got online search to work on the Nav app? If it's not linked to the uconnect mobile subscription and the function either works or does not work regardless of hardware or software, this continues to be a head scratcher.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Bumping this. Has anyone found out why some of us have never got online search to work on the Nav app? If it's not linked to the uconnect mobile subscription and the function either works or does not work regardless of hardware or software, this continues to be a head scratcher.
To tell you the truth, I don’t think anyone knows why this is, including UConnect.

Reactions: Jtr

gmab

Reaction score
I would be interested in getting this figured out. When I received the 19.49.13 update online nav search worked flawlessly for me.
Sometime around my 1-year mark in April, and the trial versions of SiriusXM Radio and SiriusXM Guardian (UConnect) services expired (coincidence??) I haven't been able to get online search working. Nothing...nil.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
My online search currently works with ver 19.49.13 I do have an active guardian subscription though no xm

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe there is a glitch that online search does not auto turn off for some people after the uconnect trial. Heard of crazier things. A family member of mine never had her Sirius trial deactivated and she drove payment free enjoying the service for years.

Users who are viewing this thread