5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GonzoNerd

Reaction score
That is a weird looking spot. Maybe a strip of bedliner to cover it up?

Oilslick

Reaction score
Looking good Oilslick. What size tires are those? I was hoping to be the first Bright white BTS with new tires, mine are getting installed on Tuesday on the stock rims and lineX and tint are scheduled in the next 2 weeks.
Thanks!
The tires are Pirelli Scorpions in size 285/55/20. E rated too. 👍

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a set of Toyo AT3s in 275/65R20 for the stock wheels. I don't plan on a level right now to retain some semblance of has mileage but I'm not opposed if I get rubbing.
Nice! Be sure to post some pictures once they’re installed.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
That is a weird looking spot. Maybe a strip of bedliner to cover it up?

Looks like it was opened onto a trailer jack and people getting in and out of the truck or trailer caused some wiggle over time. That’ll probably be a whole tailgate repainting due to the depth and breadth of that scratch and dent.

bhamram

Reaction score
Dealership “fixed” the spot today. Acceptable or not?

Attachments

• A2D44EA8-4BC8-4B08-89FD-002C36C153AD.png
    A2D44EA8-4BC8-4B08-89FD-002C36C153AD.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 97

GonzoNerd

Reaction score
It's hard to tell in the picture but it something that I could potentially live with. Worst case scenario is that you could use it as a bargaining chip to knock down the price.

BigAdge

Reaction score
So here is (finally) the picture I promised, black center caps and I used the black lug caps instead of replacing the lugs for now. The dealership had thrown on locking chrome nuts, I didn't pay for them, but they were larger and harder to get the cap on it. Honestly I think they look OK, I'm going to replace them with black lugs eventually, but am glad I got these for the time being while I wait and decide how much I want to spend.

20210513_113043.jpg 20210513_113106.jpg

HEMITKN

Reaction score
So here is (finally) the picture I promised, black center caps and I used the black lug caps instead of replacing the lugs for now. The dealership had thrown on locking chrome nuts, I didn't pay for them, but they were larger and harder to get the cap on it. Honestly I think they look OK, I'm going to replace them with black lugs eventually, but am glad I got these for the time being while I wait and decide how much I want to spend.

View attachment 95937 View attachment 95938
Are those the factory tires turned around? If so I was going to ask the dealer to do it but, wasn't any time for it.

deese

Reaction score
So I picked up my new BTS edition yesterday and added the new wheels/tires, splash guards, a tonneau cover and ventvisers already. More to come today.
(y)
Looks great. Getting excited picking mine up on Thursday.

BigAdge

Reaction score
It looks like he went up to 275/60R20’s compared to the stock 275/55R20’s.
Correct, went up, was between a few different tire sizes, but ultimately decided on 275/60/R20s for a little more height but closer to the factory ride. Haven't regretted the decision as I've been driving mostly highway miles and the ride on her is still amazing. I'll try to take a picture on flat ground soon for anyone wanting to see that size tire with the bil 5100 front.

GonzoNerd

Reaction score

View attachment 95937 View attachment 95938
I'm going to have to steal this look, I just need to find some locking black lugs to go on. Looking good.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Dealership “fixed” the spot today. Acceptable or not?

Not acceptable. Can still see the distortion/dent in the sheet metal. They did do a decent job painting, but by the looks of the “fix” (or hack) a true fix would probably require a new tailgate skin. Let the negotiations ensue.

bhamram

Reaction score
Not acceptable. Can still see the distortion/dent in the sheet metal. They did do a decent job painting, but by the looks of the “fix” (or hack) a true fix would probably require a new tailgate skin. Let the negotiations ensue.

I actually decided to pass on the truck. Honestly, it didn't have all the options I was looking for anyhow. My search is getting old. I sold my truck on the private market (FB) in 2 days (didn't expect that) and I've been looking in the little spare time I have for 3 weeks. I'm lucky I work from home and don't need a car all the time. One car family is tough lol

joiafour

Reaction score
I jumped into the Ram world and picked up a 2021 Spitfire Orange BTS yesterday. I was originally going to pick up the white version but I fell in love with the orange after spending time with it in person. Here's my blog:

• Traded in a 2015 Nissan Frontier that I bought 2 years ago. They took more on the trade in than I paid for it. I probably could have got another $2-3K if I would have gone through the hassle of selling private.
  • Only got $2k knocked off MSRP. They were not willing to budge. But I did get 0% 48 month financing.
  • I originally had no intent of buying so soon, but with inflation, chip shortages and who knows what is next I think there is a reasonable possibility that these prices and incentives are not going to be coming back anytime soon. This BTS was also optioned exactly the way I want which I didn't see very often so I decided to jump on it.
  • Super annoyed that the dealer didn't fill the tank up before I left. It was originally on empty and they filled it to just under half a tank. I didn't even notice it until I got home. Is this normal now? Every other vehicle I purchased was filled up. My sales guy did specifically say they would fill up the tank. Is it because I got the 33 gallon tank?
  • Also annoyed that they installed that spy tracker device I had to remove myself. The way they presented this seemed sketchy as hell. Not a fan.
  • Today when I was driving to work the backup camera didn't work. Just a black screen. Parked at work for a few hours and then it worked fine again.
  • The ride is a great, I'm enjoying driving it.
  • The Hemi feels slower than I thought it would be. I'm taking it easy and working through break in but so far not feeling all that peppy. Also seems to be some lag as it searches for gears or maybe it's the throttle response. I realize I've got the 3.21 axle so I'm sure that's a factor.
    • Doesn't feel any quicker than my wife's Pacifica with the 3.6
    • I've got a few friends with a 3.5 Ecoboost and that feels MUCH quicker.
    • Again, taking it easy so far and am not concerned. Also not interested in flying around at speed everywhere in a bright orange truck. That seems like a ticket magnet.
  • The e-torque seems pretty cool. The start/stop is seamless. Way better than in my wife's Pacifica (which is still pretty good in my opinion)
  • I feel like the exhaust is too quiet. Love the luxury feel but I do want to hear a little V8 growl
  • Overall, happy with the truck and excited for the future. Our Pacifica has been flawless for 36k miles so I'm hoping I can get similar reliability from the pickup.
1623215441669.png

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the club @joiafour !

I have the 3.92s and my truck will walk all over my wife's Pacifica. You're not the first to mention throttle response which I think is interesting. I wonder if gearing is applicable here too. My truck isn't sensitive but it never seems to lag or search for power. It always feels ready to fly.
I agree our start/stop is leagues better than the pacifica. It's practically seamless.
I recommend the muffler I have in my signature. I jokingly refer to it as a gentleman's exhaust lol. It's not obnoxiously loud but will give you that growl you're looking for when you accelerate. Cruising or idling it's very tame with no drone when MDS kicks in. My wife can hear me drive up the hill beside our house on my way home when she's inside.
Sucks about your dealer not filling it up. Mine did for my 33 gallon tank.

Edited to add: I think it’s funny the comparison you made about the minivan and it made me think to my old test drives. Still to this day I believe the 5.3 in the Chevy is a lethargic piece of crap because the Pacifica felt more powerful lol. I was also unimpressed with the 5.0 in the 2020 F150 I test drove the day I bought my Ram. I suspect the gearing must play a much bigger role than I give it credit for sometimes.

Last edited:

GonzoNerd

Reaction score
Nope, my FedEx shipment was delayed and tire should be arriving at the installer today. I am hoping to get them on tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread