5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 5th Gen RAM Beach/Sand Driving Thread

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This was last summer on the Platte River near Louisville, NE. One week later that was all under water

Attachments

• PXL_20210823_212438458.jpg
    PXL_20210823_212438458.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20210823_212446600.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210823_212446600.MP.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 43

cervelo15

Reaction score
I’ve heard this for Delaware, get there early and go on off days because you won’t be able to get on the beach. I saw some bad pics of the beach erosion from that nor’easter a few weeks back, so I think that’s severely limiting the space to get on these beaches. Not to mention they’re expecting record numbers of people this summer. Recipe for disaster.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Forgot to post this too, this just happened in Outer Banks….check out the Corolla Beach Idiots facebook page. I don’t feel sorry for those people who just run up the beach without being prepared. Engine overheated. This is gonna spoil it for the rest of us

D386C5A6-F054-4FDF-A36D-FF05BE672573.jpeg

Nova90

Reaction score
I’ve heard this for Delaware, get there early and go on off days because you won’t be able to get on the beach. I saw some bad pics of the beach erosion from that nor’easter a few weeks back, so I think that’s severely limiting the space to get on these beaches. Not to mention they’re expecting record numbers of people this summer. Recipe for disaster.
The Brigantine beach is a zoo on the weekends (especially with the erosion on the cove where those 2 Army amphibious vehicles were parked) and during the holidays. I usually stay away at those times and head over during the week.

drew7777

Reaction score
Hit the beach in Corolla yesterday morning. Lowered the PSI to 20 all around and the truck did great. We ventured over the dunes to spot the wild horses, nice not having to pay crazy prices for a horse tour!
Do I need to air back up in Carova before heading back down to Duck or is it safe to drive that distance at 20psi? Just trying to avoiding airing down and back up if we make the Duck/Carova trip multiple times. We will have another vehicle to use for driving around Duck and elsewhere.

John Galt

Reaction score
One of my favorite things to do is go down to Surfside beach, get a table in the shade at the beachfront restaurant and watch people get their vehicles get stuck in the sand all day. Then they start kicking up salty sand into their undercarriage trying to get out and dig themselves in even deeper which can’t be good for cars. It’s good cheap entertainment.

…..at least it was until the restaurant raised their prices but still pretty fun.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1682919682675.jpeg
Usually I go down to 25 for offroading. I may go down more to 20 in the future now that I have 35 12ply.

I also have an ARB single onboard air, using Moorflate kit to air up and down. MORRFlate Quad (4Tire, Up to 125" Wheelbase) • MORRFlate by My Off Road Radio
I use the quad kit from my 4Runner, but it's a bit snug to use on the RAM. I'd go Quad+ or even Mega Quad if I have to buy a new one. (Mega Quad because bigger is always better)
Benefit of using this:
  • Airing up and down all 4 tires at the same time. To air down, I connect the hose kit to all 4 tires and open the valve to dump air. I then check the tire pressure using the attached gauge periodically.
    • This is better than those automatic self-deflate devices as there's no presetting required. With the auto self-deflate devices you will need to calibrate all 4 of them before use, and they are not always accurate.
    • Air up is the same, just connect a leader hose to the valve and repeat the process
  • This also shortens the time and effort needed compared to airing up each tire individually and ensures equal pressure. For our trucks, if you prefer to follow the OE tire pressure requirement (55F and 45R) you can just disconnect the chucks for rear tires once pressure is achieved.

For driving, when going up the dune, do NOT lose momentum. Or else you'll end up like this:
1682920596593.png
And the worst part was i was actually sliding down too

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
Do I need to air back up in Carova before heading back down to Duck or is it safe to drive that distance at 20psi? Just trying to avoiding airing down and back up if we make the Duck/Carova trip multiple times. We will have another vehicle to use for driving around Duck and elsewhere.
We have never aired back up for the day trips back onto the pavement from Carova. Just take it easy, especially when cornering.

Users who are viewing this thread