5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off topic posts that have nothing to do with "What did you do to your Ram today???"

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used to like Craftsman for their warranty and availability. I was denied an exchange at Lowes as they do not honor Sear"s Craftsman. I did a warranty on Channel Locks end nippers, it was a hassle mailing it in plus postage. I think Lowes POd a bunch of people with Kobalt's warranty and adding Craftsman.

The pass thru ratchet looks like one of those tools that just make life easier at times.
I think the good old craftsman years are gone, I was doing a part time at sears when they were purchase by black and decker like around 2017 I think.
Sears are gone in my area not sure if ever where but even by that time I saw sears employees trying not to honor the warranty probably on direction from upper management.
Haven't purchase craftsman in a while and yea I think I have only seen them at lowes now
Agree life savers at times
Your location comment made me laugh in your signature

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the good old craftsman years are gone, I was doing a part time at sears when they were purchase by black and decker like around 2017 I think.
Sears are gone in my area not sure if ever where but even by that time I saw sears employees trying not to honor the warranty probably on direction from upper management.
Haven't purchase craftsman in a while and yea I think I have only seen them at lowes now
Agree life savers at times
Your location comment made me laugh in your signature
West cost identifies with east coast? State and city politicians have lost their thought process.

Cuomo and DeBlasio voted real estae persons of the year by the Florida Real Estate Board.

Movers were taking a beating getting the 300,000 out of NY.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
West cost identifies with east coast? State and city politicians have lost their thought process.

Cuomo and DeBlasio voted real estae persons of the year by the Florida Real Estate Board.

Movers were taking a beating getting the 300,000 out of NY.
Also planning to move end of next year, but still things could change. we'll see
I was ready to roll but family said lets wait another year

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Also planning to move end of next year, but still things could change. we'll see
I was ready to roll but family said lets wait another year
With so many people leaving, and nobody in their right mind moving to NY, who is going to buy your overpriced houses??? What are you using for money to buy a new house elsewhere???

Dave

Lungs414

Reaction score
With so many people leaving, and nobody in their right mind moving to NY, who is going to buy your overpriced houses??? What are you using for money to buy a new house elsewhere???

Dave
Crazy times indeed in NY. Not everyone can leave from NY. I'm in Brooklyn but have a kid who just started HS. Not leaving until he is done at least. Always went to catholic school, still in one. Funny still connected to his grammar school, and the nuns say enrollment applications have skyrocketed and they don't have room for all the applicants. A few years ago the catholic schools were closing all over the place around here. The biggest problem was the totally overmatched moron DiBlasio, really ruined the city. Have a vacation place out on the east coast of Long Island the demand is crazy and prices have spiked to insane numbers. Hoping for Zeldin to be next governor, already said first thing day one is fire Manhattan DA Bragg, he wont prosecute anyone, cops and detectives quitting like crazy..
Just insane

Jako

Reaction score
Crazy times indeed in NY. Not everyone can leave from NY. I'm in Brooklyn but have a kid who just started HS. Not leaving until he is done at least. Always went to catholic school, still in one. Funny still connected to his grammar school, and the nuns say enrollment applications have skyrocketed and they don't have room for all the applicants. A few years ago the catholic schools were closing all over the place around here. The biggest problem was the totally overmatched moron DiBlasio, really ruined the city. Have a vacation place out on the east coast of Long Island the demand is crazy and prices have spiked to insane numbers. Hoping for Zeldin to be next governor, already said first thing day one is fire Manhattan DA Bragg, he wont prosecute anyone, cops and detectives quitting like crazy..
Just insane

Last edited:

Lungs414

Reaction score

heres a new one...

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Trust me my friend. Here in ny if you list your house there will be a bidding war for it. I’m in upper westchester and the houses don’t stay on the market for more than a couple of days to a week. If your in the right neighborhoods in Brooklyn your home is probably gonna list for a couple of millions and still cause a bidding war. Problem is in those neighborhoods the houses don’t even go on the market if someone wants to sell someone in your neighborhood has a list of friends and relatives that are waiting in line to buy. This is why when a ny’er retires he moves down south or out west and stretches there money to the full extent

Lungs414

Reaction score
Lol. Trust me my friend. Here in ny if you list your house there will be a bidding war for it. I’m in upper westchester and the houses don’t stay on the market for more than a couple of days to a week. If your in the right neighborhoods in Brooklyn your home is probably gonna list for a couple of millions and still cause a bidding war. Problem is in those neighborhoods the houses don’t even go on the market if someone wants to sell someone in your neighborhood has a list of friends and relatives that are waiting in line to buy. This is why when a ny’er retires he moves down south or out west and stretches there money to the full extent
Couldn't have said it better myself. At least twice a year I have people knocking on the door asking if I would sell.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly. This is one of the problems with Americans today. They think that if they can't imagine someone wanting to do something, or think about something different from how they think about it, that it either doesn't exist or they are "those people".

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dave
I could sell my home for 3 times what I have left on my mortgage, as other have said I think there wouldn't be short list of takers.
plus I have some savings. I feel confident its enough for a decent start else where.
Other than my $500 monthly on the truck I am cc debt free and no other debts
city living has been real good to me financially but just getting tiresome.
live 5 miles away from downtown L.A. and work in the heart of downtown L.A.
I want to smell something different than pee, **** or marijuana all day for a change, crime is up and police morale is low, etc

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just insane
crazy in L.A. too.
Hoping the DA gets the boot and a Caruso win as the major.
Also this is not just on the DA and politicians. Enough moron voters that approved dump propositions that lets everybody go free.
nobody gets charge for retail theft over here and auto theft is crazy high

Jako

Reaction score
crazy in L.A. too.
Hoping the DA gets the boot and a Caruso win as the major.
Also this is not just on the DA and politicians. Enough moron voters that approved dump propositions that lets everybody go free.
nobody gets charge for retail theft over here and auto theft is crazy high
West coast / east coast thinking. Manhattan DA Bragg arrested the worker in a bodega for 1st degree murder protecting himself. There is definitely some agenda going on.

Lungs414

Reaction score
West coast / east coast thinking. Manhattan DA Bragg arrested the worker in a bodega for 1st degree murder protecting himself. There is definitely some agenda going on.

It really is insane what's happening here. That poor guy.

Jako

Reaction score
It really is insane what's happening here. That poor guy.
Judge changed the bail, under "house arrest". The guy he killed has a record, his is clean.

I live in the "forgotten" borough of Staten Island. SI only has a population of 500,000 and is much more conservative than the 4 other boroughs. The DA still has a thought process that locks up criminals (IF he can) and protects the residents. SI actually tried to succeed from NYC. Long story, probably would have to start a new thread.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I hear you. I grew up there too. Port Richmond HS. Live in Dyker Park Brooklyn. A lot of family still there.

Jako

Reaction score
I hear you. I grew up there too. Port Richmond HS. Live in Dyker Park Brooklyn. A lot of family still there.
Test if you went to PRHS, what corner is in the picture?
1657301789219.jpeg
Picture is a little before your time (over 70 years ago) but the 3 buildings (actually 4) are still there.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I think we spoke in the past. LOL That might be innis street and Nicholas. Close to John's Deli. I graduated St.Rochs in '78, West Shore Little League. Grew up in the "Harbor".

Jako

Reaction score
I think we spoke in the past. LOL That might be innis street and Nicholas. Close to John's Deli. I graduated St.Rochs in '78, West Shore Little League. Grew up in the "Harbor".
I believe you are corect, yes - Nich/Innis. I lived till I was 5 in one of the houses on Nicholas and than around the block. I have 9 years on you.

Users who are viewing this thread