5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off road vs rebel

moparleo51

Reaction score
Okay I was wondering what are the biggest differences between the two. I know they both have the skid plates and hill descent, I do know the tires are different and the shocks are a different brand(blistiens) . And of course the obvious looks. But is it really that much different for me to consider to trade my bighornORG for a rebel. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe the Rebel is 1 “ higher ( could be wrong ) and the Rebel doesn’t have the auto 4WD .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There really aren't many differences to be honest. You can get most of the Rebel's off road features with the ORG. The shocks, tires, part-time x-fer case, and of course the looks, are the main differences that matter.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Well I haven't had my truck long.(9months) and my salesman I deal with tried. But I wasn't jumping up almost $200 more a month for the one I wanted$63000 before rebates. So I will stay with mine for awhile. The good thing is I have the sport hood already(traded with member on here). And I just purchased and picked up a set of wheels and tire with sensors for $1100.

canative

Reaction score
Well I haven't had my truck long.(9months) and my salesman I deal with tried. But I wasn't jumping up almost $200 more a month for the one I wanted$63000 before rebates. So I will stay with mine for awhile. The good thing is I have the sport hood already(traded with member on here). And I just purchased and picked up a set of wheels and tire with sensors for $1100.

Same reason I went with the Bighorn ORP. Bought some Rebel wheels also. The only thing I kinda regret is I didn't get the LED package.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Same reason I went with the Bighorn ORP. Bought some Rebel wheels also. The only thing I kinda regret is I didn't get the LED package.
Same thing,but I got lucky and it came with the led lights.big difference from the base halogens projectors lime I had on my 2017 sport.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Also front fender flares are different, trim below headlights, front bumper, inner fender liners behind front bumper, and tailgate. Sure there is something else I'm missing. Oh, the interior with the Rebel logos on the upper glove box and gauge cluster that lights up red.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Perhaps another good reason I got the Limited (ventilated seats and 360 camera were the main factors other than interior).
The Rebels 4x4 system is more robust than the auto 4WD system as the Rebel is marketed towards an offroad group.
Not sure why though the ventilated seats and front camera are not included. Those are great options for offroading.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did not know about the lack of auto 4WD...what does it have instead?
The Rebel has a part-time transfer case, which means the front and rear outputs are tied together. This is better for off-road use which the Rebel was designed for. Interestingly, the lower trim levels also use this type of transfer case. Probably because they are less complicated and less expensive to produce. A full-time transfer case has some means of allowing slip or differentiating between the front and rear outputs to allow for more forgiving on-road 4WD use. And is more suited for driving on paved surfaces. Although it's a bad idea to use either type of transfer case on dry pavement.

Perhaps another good reason I got the Limited (ventilated seats and 360 camera were the main factors other than interior).
You can get ventilated seats and 360 camera on the Laramie, for quite a bit less than the Limited costs. Although the Limited is a much more luxurious driving experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online