5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road Package with Bilstein 5100's

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those with the ORP and bilstein 5100's. What setting did you set them to in the front? What rake did you end up with after install? If you have pictures or thoughts of wisdom post them up! Purpose of this thread is to separate the ORP trucks and regular suspension trucks with bilstein 5100's. FWIW it seems setting 4 retains 1/2" to 3/4" of rake in the front and setting 5 will level the truck evenly.

JbVt

Reaction score
Watching. I’ve been trying to decide on this also for my off road group bighorn. #5 and a 1” rear spacer or just #4 and keep rear stock ORG with bilstein shocks.

MadMater'

Reaction score
Here are my before/Afters. 2021 Rebel
Before: Factory Bilstein 4600s, ORP
After: Bilstein 5100s setting 5, RL UCA, Icon +1.5" Rear Coil Spring
I put a few hundred miles on it this weekend and it is pretty damn close stock ride. If I am looking for something, i feel like the back end feels slightly looser going around an exit ramp etc. but this could be me digging for something, I only had a few hundred miles on the truck total before this switch. So far I am happy.
View attachment 90304 View attachment 90301 View attachment 90302 View attachment 90299 View attachment 90303 View attachment 90300

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watching. I’ve been trying to decide on this also for my off road group bighorn. #5 and a 1” rear spacer or just #4 and keep rear stock ORG with bilstein shocks.
FYI: longhorn with ORP and bilsteins at setting number 5. He has retained just over 1/4” of rake. No spacer in rear.
1619283800503.png

JbVt

Reaction score
FYI: longhorn with ORP and bilsteins at setting number 5. He has retained just over 1/4” of rake. No spacer in rear.
View attachment 91069
Thanks! Two things I take in from this picture.
1) I totally wish I ordered the 6’4” bed.
2) I think I will go ahead with my 1” rear spacer. 1/4” of rake won’t last as soon as I’m hooked up to a trailer.

theblakester

Reaction score
I got the 2” zone leveling kit with UCAs and the icon 1.5” springs from bilsteinlifts. I’m looking to only use the top strut spacer from the kit and run the bilsteins on setting 3 or 4. Also hoping the Icons provide a true 1.5” of lift in the rear. Still waiting on rear bilsteins to come in stock.

MadMater'

Reaction score
I got the 2” zone leveling kit with UCAs and the icon 1.5” springs from bilsteinlifts. I’m looking to only use the top strut spacer from the kit and run the bilsteins on setting 3 or 4. Also hoping the Icons provide a true 1.5” of lift in the rear. Still waiting on rear bilsteins to come in stock.
If you take a look in my pics you can see what I got when I installed my Icon 1.5". I got more height out of mine than I was expecting. (which is a good thing I think? lol)

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
I have bilsteins all the way around with the fronts at clip #5. Completely leveled my non ORP. Wish I had a little rake. Which way is best, springs or spacer for .5 - 1" of rake.

Kordyte

Reaction score
I have bilsteins all the way around with the fronts at clip #5. Completely leveled my non ORP. Wish I had a little rake. Which way is best, springs or spacer for .5 - 1" of rake.

Did you end up installing a spacer in the rear with your Bilsteins? I just purchased a 2021 Laramie non-ORP and I'm looking to do a similar level/lift. I already purchased 5100s for the front but trying to figure out if I need to do 5100s in the rear or go with spacer only.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think the rear 5100s are adjustable. If you are looking to raise the rear you would need to go with a spacer or different spring (and shock to match the new travel).

Kordyte

Reaction score
I don't think the rear 5100s are adjustable. If you are looking to raise the rear you would need to go with a spacer or different spring (and shock to match the new travel).

Ah OK. I was thrown off by the description of the rear bilstein at https://www.jackit.com/bil-24-233354.html supporting 0-1" lift. It doesn't have adjustments like the front ones, just supports an extra inch of lift from some other method. Thanks for bringing that up.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are correct. Rear 5100s do not lift. They can accommodate a 1" lift in the rear over stock through different coils or spacers.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running bilstein 5100’s set at 2” (actual was 1.8”).

I originally did nothing to the rear. Truck has a 1/4” rake but because of the body lines the truck seemed like it was nose high on certain roads so I added a 1” spacer in the rear for 1.25” rake. Trucks looks a little more “trucky” now.

1c26ff7afc36290d8391e3c6309ea52d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online