5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road package - pros/cons?

tpetty

Reaction score
I am waiting to order a 2020, but I assume most of the options will carry over.

Initially, I was planning on ordering the off road package, because I like the skid plates, more aggressive tires, and the 1" lift. However, I would eventually like to get 35" tires - which I know would require more than the 1" factory lift. However, it looks like people have run into a problem with lifting/leveling trucks with the factory off road package. Looks like it can be done - but more of a hassle, and less options.

For those of you that have gone though that - would you rather have just skipped the factory off road package, and just gone pure aftermarket? If so, it looks like the skid plates can be added as an option separately.

I don't want to spend money on an option that actually causes issues later. At the same time, I don't know when I would actually spring for new wheels/tires, so if I get at least a little factory lifted look initially, that may be nice.

Reighnman

Reaction score
In my opinion if you’re going to lift (which you will for 35’s), dont get the OR package because most kits will end up replacing the components or not support the springs in the ORP.

If I could redo with just skid plates I would, but ORP with level will suit my 33/34 needs. Plus I wanted electronic diff/hill dissent the latter of which I dont think is available without ORP or Rebel.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Got to remember though. A lot of people tried looking for the fuel tank skid plate and can’t find it. I have the ORG and would love to level it. But so far I haven’t found a kit they said it would work with the ORG. Don’t feel like buying new UCA’s.

Reighnman

Reaction score
I was originally going to try to run just the front pieces of the 2” mopar kit to level mine out but that wont work with the ORP so just going to do the daystar KC09145BK 1.5” spacer up front instead. This is what daystar told me:

The KC09139BK is a 2.5” front and 1” rear lift kit. If you want the front only, it is KC09113BK.

Those 2 kits are only for regular model trucks without any lift option packages on them or without air ride. If your truck is anything like a North Edition or a Big Horn Sport Edition, it already has a 1” lift and shouldn’t have a 2.5” front lift added.

If that is the case, we have KC09145BK front 1.5” lift, or KC09146BK 1.5” front, 1” rear lift kit.

Remember, none of the kits are designed for air ride or auto level.

Users who are viewing this thread