5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road instrument cluster display: a question...

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

Looking at the Off Road display (page 283 in the manual and page 107), I cannot find what the colors mean.

I was in 2-wheel drive and the driveline display was yellow, going back to the rear axle. Great. I headed downhill...and it turned white.

Does it change color based on ACTUAL power delivery? This would be pretty cool if that's the way it works. I had thought it merely showed what was SELECTED, but the colors changing when going downhill obviously renders that conclusion to have been made in error.

(And, of course, why can't I find owners information about that?)

Thanks,
Ken

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From my experience Any time tc or stability control kicks in a little, it will turn yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shnarf1

Reaction score
Folks,

Looking at the Off Road display (page 283 in the manual and page 107), I cannot find what the colors mean.

I was in 2-wheel drive and the driveline display was yellow, going back to the rear axle. Great. I headed downhill...and it turned white.

Does it change color based on ACTUAL power delivery? This would be pretty cool if that's the way it works. I had thought it merely showed what was SELECTED, but the colors changing when going downhill obviously renders that conclusion to have been made in error.

(And, of course, why can't I find owners information about that?)

Thanks,
Ken
I have a rebel and I can not find the off-road pages. Where are they?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a rebel and I can not find the off-road pages. Where are they?

Well...owner's manual page 283 and 107 are a good place to start. ;)

Otherwise, it may depend on your equipment/options: I find mine by using the menu buttons on the left spoke of my steering wheel and cycling through the center display. As well, using the 8.4" entertainment screen (Uconnect), there is an "Offroad" option.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my experience Any time tc or stability control kicks in a little, it will turn yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll look for that.

Now that it's on my radar, I'll spend a lot more time watching this and seeing what and why it changes.

Awood05

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing myself, in fact I also have a thread regarding this issue when I got our 21 Limited.

After I purchased my TRX I found this in the TRX Performance Features Guide:
649ECCAD-C0B2-4EAF-A5E0-B9C8A11E8A08.jpeg

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing myself, in fact I also have a thread regarding this issue when I got our 21 Limited.

After I purchased my TRX I found this in the TRX Performance Features Guide:
View attachment 110477
Interesting. I do not have an air suspension.

What I've noticed is that the offroad display shows drivetrain and steering angle. Any time my steering angle is greater than, or equal to, 2 degrees (it goes in 2^ increments, so 1^ never shows), that's when my rear and front axles turn yellow...even if I'm only in 2-wheel drive.

I think @ferraiolo1 is onto the right track: the drivetrain colors have something to do with stability control or traction control. I'm not sure what, just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/