5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Information Pages without ORG?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, curious if anyone knows this yet (since the 22s are still rolling off the production line) but in previous model years you could only get the "off-road pages" function if you opted for the off-road group. With the introduction of uconnect 5 for MY22 is this included in the software regardless of the package?

I know the Grand Cherokee L makes off-road pages available regardless of trim/package if you of the ~10" screen. Yay, nay?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I played with the Limited at the C.A.S. some (UConnect 5 had power as did the guage cluster) but not all functions were accessible. I don't recall any "off-road pages" being available (it did not have the ORG) That being said, having the pages available to me was actually 75% of my decision to put the ORG on my new truck order. Having the basic pages in the cluster plus some more information available in the UConnect is something I want when pulling a trailer. (The altitude readout would be useful for helping gauge climbs over the mountain-although most likely not super accurate)

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie non-ORG has a few of road pages in the cluster but not the touch screen. I would guess they will only be on the ORG and backcountry trucks for 2022 but it would be cool to have that as an option on all trims.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
This is interesting - sounds like there’s some functionality within the center display but “true” off road pages would be included with the ORG in the uconnect display. What’s one to do if we want both ORG and the night package?? *sigh*

I guess a work around could be building a Limited with ORG and then sourcing p/n for all of the night edition pieces and swapping them…*sigh* again

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can turn on the off-road pages in U Connect with AlfaOBD?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can turn on the off-road pages in U Connect with AlfaOBD?
Yes, but you also need the correct radio software/application version. You would enable VehConfig 2: off-road capable, and VehConfig 5: off-road pages present.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, but you also need the correct radio software/application version. You would enable VehConfig 2: off-road capable, and VehConfig 5: off-road pages present.
Thanks. Do you know if my 2021 Laramie would have that software/application?

Edit: How do I determine which software/hardware is installed on my truck?

Last edited:

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2021 Rebel and the off road pages only show in the cluster. Any way to turn them on in the 8.4 non-nav radio?

RockJock

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie non-ORG has a few of road pages in the cluster but not the touch screen. I would guess they will only be on the ORG and backcountry trucks for 2022 but it would be cool to have that as an option on all trims.
Which pages show up? I'd like to have the off road information pages, but I didn't want the ORG.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the correct radio sw/app version?
will this work on 2020s?

Last edited:

Amazing93

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie with the ORG don't have the off road pages. 😤

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 Big Horn Ecodiesel with the ORG did not have any of those pages

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
My 2020 Big Horn Ecodiesel with the ORG did not have any of those pages
Interesting. Does anyone out there have any insight on if this started with MY21 and new DT trucks with either 8.4" or 12" screens? I have fingers and toes crossed that there are information pages both in the D.I.C. and UConnect 5 12". This was a significant portion of my reasoning for going the ORG route myself.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Interesting. Does anyone out there have any insight on if this started with MY21 and new DT trucks with either 8.4" or 12" screens? I have fingers and toes crossed that there are information pages both in the D.I.C. and UConnect 5 12". This was a significant portion of my reasoning for going the ORG route myself.
FWIW, the website configurator for 2021 models indicates that "off-road information pages" is part of the ORG. I would imagine MY22 should be the same.

sessman

Reaction score
I have a 2021 night edition 4x4 (no ORG) and I have the off-road information pages in the cluster.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was an update that my '21 Laramie received a few weeks ago that made the off-road pages display on the 8.4 nav screen. It was odd as there were 2 icons for it that were the same. After about 5 days as I was driving to work and had one of them displayed (gauge cluster), the screen went black, the radio reset, and the pages disappeared.

I have since enabled them in AlfaOBD, but they do not display.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
There was an update that my '21 Laramie received a few weeks ago that made the off-road pages display on the 8.4 nav screen. It was odd as there were 2 icons for it that were the same. After about 5 days as I was driving to work and had one of them displayed (gauge cluster), the screen went black, the radio reset, and the pages disappeared.

I have since enabled them in AlfaOBD, but they do not display.
Did altitude reading show up on the UConnect?

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did altitude reading show up on the UConnect?

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk
Yes, the bottom of each screen displayed GPS coordinates along with current altitude which I liked since it's a pita to get to the gps data on the regular 8.4 nav screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online