5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road Group package = WHAT

Fbird

Reaction score
So my 21 BH is equipt with the Off Road Group.
WOW...so what does that mean as far as LIFTING it? From what I have read the ORG is a 1" lift, HD shocks and 6 ply tires.

How is it lifted?
Spring RATE?
Are BOTH front and rear Lifted 1"? or only front?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, both front and rear ride 1" higher than non-ORG equivalents thanks to longer springs. This is a good thing.

All it means for lifting is that any given route you take which retains the stock front struts will be a bit higher than advertised, unless the kit calls out ORG measurements specifically (or Rebel - its the same situation, through Rebel uses different shocks).

It also means you want to be careful how high you attempt to level, because ORG springs allow you to overextend with the tyical 2" spacers or ride height adjustable struts.

The bonus to me is that the rear is already 1" higher, because while I like to pick the nose up a bit, I still want rake for hauling.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the ORP includes; a full size spare, front tow hooks, 'skid' plates, locker rear diff, hill decent control, Falken Wildpeak ATWs, a 1" factory lift (different springs), and 'offroad' tuned struts & shocks.

Fbird

Reaction score
measured it up today while in a level parking lot.
front hub center to fender 23"
rear 24"....
So now the plan is to just through on a set of 35"s and see if they clear. If not I'll jack it up till the front tires do clear...make proper spring spacer but tubular UCA to fix ball joint issue then raise rear accordingly to keep 1" rake. (I am a 30+yr Journeyman Master Tool & Die & Mold maker....so not a problem)

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stick to 11.5" wide tires instead of the traditional 12.5" wide 35's and I really think you can do this stock. Or at least, come closer to it.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my 21 BH is equipt with the Off Road Group.
WOW...so what does that mean as far as LIFTING it? From what I have read the ORG is a 1" lift, HD shocks and 6 ply tires.

How is it lifted?
Spring RATE?
Are BOTH front and rear Lifted 1"? or only front?

If I recall correctly, the ORP includes; a full size spare, front tow hooks, 'skid' plates, locker rear diff, hill decent control, Falken Wildpeak ATWs, a 1" factory lift (different springs), and 'offroad' tuned struts & shocks.
So the stuff right in the package order box on the website then? 🤔;)

And anybody that has bought 6 ply tires is dead by now. Lower trims with ORP/ORG package but Rebel includes the aforementioned 18" Falkens in "C" load range, meeting even the tow package needs, not sure what the higher trims get in 20", and Rebel uses "E" load range tires, far exceeding the axle load rating, to look cool (ok, bounce off rocks :) ).

Last edited:

Fbird

Reaction score
right NOW is stereo fix time (almost there) then I have some suspension work I must address on my sons Explorer, work on the lawnmower, do some around the house STUFF that I neglected while busy with MANY things. Then...THEN maybe I can move forward with "pimping out my truck". Research counts!! at least I know what I'm getting into...

Fbird

Reaction score
So the stuff right in the package order box on the website then? 🤔;)

And anybody that has bought 6 ply tires is dead by now. Lower trims with ORP/ORG package but Rebel includes the aforementioned 18" Falkens in "C" load range, meeting even the tow package needs, not sure what the higher trims get in 20", and Rebel uses "E" load range tires, far exceeding the axle load rating, to look cool (ok, bounce off rocks :) ).
explain website order box?......still doesn't say HOW they raise the front end 1".....different srtut (coil base location) different spring rate....spacer....cross-member?.... but hell with them all I will get it there as needed per the ME way....non issue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread