5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road Group Level overextending shocks

davisenvy

Reaction score
My Ram 1500 came from the dealer leveled with a 2.5 in top hat spacer from the dealer. It took a little research to find out that the Off Road Group has different shocks. Can someone tell me the length of these shocks/struts? I feel I am having over extending issues when hitting pot holes, wash board roads, or any kind of aggressive dip in the road. Eventually I'd like to go away from the spacer to a coil over kit, but all I can find is Rough Country, Icon or Fox. Would this fix my overextending problem? Any help would be appreciated.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the off road suspension with 1.5" coil spacers in front and sometimes I get a THUMP from the front end when hitting holes or bridge expansion joints. I haven't taken the time to examine the suspension to see where the problem lies, but I suspect it could be shocks topping out like you mentioned. Apparently they didn't leave much room for play in this design.

Canikickit87

Reaction score
I ran into this issue when I got my 2019 BH with offroad package. Dealer installed Readylift 3.5 lift/level and within 2 days both front struts were done. Offroad package raises stock ride hight by using a stiffer spring and stock struts are pretty much maxed at that point. Dealer replaced front struts, removed one of the 2 spacers in the front with the lift/level kit and now I've got factory rake but sitting a few inches taller all around. Sad I lost the levelled look but now I can have a load in the box and not point towards the sky..

davisenvy

Reaction score
I'm at 4,500 miles and already have a cracked spring isolator. I'm guessing its from the harsh bumps and jarring thats taking place. I know for my old Duramax, I got the Bilstein 5100 shocks when I leveled it because they were longer than the stockers. Does this go the same for the Ram 1500's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online