5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Display in Instrument Cluster

Awood05

Reaction score
Hello. I’m wondering if someone can clue me into the purpose/use of the ‘Drivetrain’ screen in the IC on my 2021 1500 Limited.

My question is regarding the image on the left. Is there any purpose other than to show the differential state and the front wheel position while in 4WD modes?
- I noticed that the “axles” turn yellow when the steering wheel is rotated 2 degrees or more. No idea why.....
(My Fords I had recently would show the power distribution between the front and rear axles.)

I’ve checked the manual, but couldn’t find anything that described what the screen was for.

Just curious how to read this screen. Appreciate your feedback.

Attachments

• 1EFD385A-9AB0-4444-8B98-14511CC1F2E5.jpeg
    1EFD385A-9AB0-4444-8B98-14511CC1F2E5.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 230
  • BAD9A4FD-D351-496F-8465-33A52AF43818.jpeg
    BAD9A4FD-D351-496F-8465-33A52AF43818.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 229

singlerail

Reaction score
just shows what position the system is in... have you seen the offroad pages in Uconnect yet, same info and more , i believe red is when the axles are all locked, yellow, just to show there turning

singlerail

Reaction score
Hello. I’m wondering if someone can clue me into the purpose/use of the ‘Drivetrain’ screen in the IC on my 2021 1500 Limited.

My question is regarding the image on the left. Is there any purpose other than to show the differential state and the front wheel position while in 4WD modes?
- I noticed that the “axles” turn yellow when the steering wheel is rotated 2 degrees or more. No idea why.....
(My Fords I had recently would show the power distribution between the front and rear axles.)

I’ve checked the manual, but couldn’t find anything that described what the screen was for.

Awood05

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I don’t have the pages in my UConnect, just the IC.

RiverRocket

Reaction score

Thanks for asking the question. I have wondered the same thing. I couldn't find anything on it either. I was thinking it would show distribution, but it doesn't. I guess yellow just means it's turning. I don't have the offroad pages either on the 12" screen.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just eye candy!

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
I just noticed my axles only are yellow at low speeds. And they turn back to white as I apply throttle. Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/