5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road 2 Height

HenryR

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 with the Off Road Package.

I've seen all around there are 5 heights for the suspension
1) Entry/Exit
2) Aero
3) Normal
4) Off Road 1
5) Off Road 2

I can get to all heights EXCEPT off road 2 (#5), when I try to go higher the dash says "Selected Ride Height Not Permitted"

I'm at stand still, I've tried in neutral, 2wd/4wd auto/4wd h and 4wd L.

I'm stumped, I know there's a speed restriction in off road 2, it will lower, but i'm at stand still.

When I start the truck the ride height switch does have 5 indicator lights, I can get to 4 but not 5.

Any one have any info on this? I'm truly stumped.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Having the ORP makes you stop at Off Road 1 (which is the same height as Off Road 2 in non-ORP trucks) which is as high as Ram wants you to go otherwise you compromise angles.

DanSkan

Reaction score
I also have the limited with ORP. It is programed (set up) for normal mode to be 1" higher than normal mode in non ORP (ORG) trucks so it is set for 3 inches above entry/exit level while the non ORP trucks are set for normal at 2 inches above entry/exit level.

The air system maximum height is 4 inches above entry/exit height so our ORP normal at 3 inches and our OR at max 4 inches. Our normal mode is the same height as non ORP OR1 and our OR mode is the same as non ORP OR2 mode.

Our aero mode drops down 1/2 inch from normal so our aero height is 2 1/2 inches above entry/exit level while non ORP is at 1 1/2".

I wish there was a way to program the settings to drop in aero mode height to the same as non ORP at 1 1/2 inches which is 1 inch lower than ours for better MPG.s

If you look in the manual - follow the Rebel with air suspension for operation.

HenryR

Reaction score
I thought the ORP had a 1" lift?

I have to put my truck next to my buddy non ORP I think they are the same height.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
It seems confusing but it’s not. The 1” lift is not obtained the same way as a non-air truck. The lift is “programmed” to be simulated by the air system. The 1” lift in non-air trucks is accomplished by springs front and rear. But with air, those springs are replaced with bladders. However, RAM has chosen wisely to not allow the truck to go above 4” with or without ORP, so air+ORP results in only getting the Off-Road 1 setting. At max height, your truck is the same height as max height non-ORP trucks, but at every other setting, you’re 1” higher.

Users who are viewing this thread